News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

26 June 2022

Started by PB2938, June 02, 2022, 09:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

Perry Barr roadworks finally to be complete 26 June 2022 with a load extra buses put into system most likely to be taken off.

https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0001111/403
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

mesub

What an amazing birthday gift for me  :smiley:
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Westy

I decided to go to Birmingham today. 

If the works are finished,  is that the final positions for the bus stops?

If so, what's the chances of the X51 being able to stop there properly?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 26, 2022, 03:14:02 PMI decided to go to Birmingham today.

If the works are finished,  is that the final positions for the bus stops?

If so, what's the chances of the X51 being able to stop there properly?
Which bus stops?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on June 26, 2022, 03:54:48 PMWhich bus stops?
Where the works were, underneath what was the flyover, there's 2 stops southbound & 2 stops northbound on the new carriageway. 

The X51 always used to use the flyover,  while the 51 & other services stayed at ground level & used either stops in the old bus station or near to the old BCU.

Now the road alignment has changed, I thought it was potentially possible for the X51 to stop at the Perry Barr shops now.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 26, 2022, 06:03:47 PMWhere the works were, underneath what was the flyover, there's 2 stops southbound & 2 stops northbound on the new carriageway.

The X51 always used to use the flyover,  while the 51 & other services stayed at ground level & used either stops in the old bus station or near to the old BCU.

Now the road alignment has changed, I thought it was potentially possible for the X51 to stop at the Perry Barr shops now.
Yes, I believe its always been the intention for both the X51 and the new Sprint service to service the new One Stop bus interchange, once its ready of course, which isn't going to be before the Commonwealth Games start.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

i thought X51 was after leaving city next time was to be alexander stadium & not 1 stop

PB2938

There no need for the X51 to serve Perry Barr its gets full enough. 
952A Rugeley

Jack

Quote from: PB2938 on June 27, 2022, 03:05:50 PMThere no need for the X51 to serve Perry Barr its gets full enough.
Exactly, I don't understand why either. Completely eliminating the use of if it's stopping at One Stop.

PB2938

Timesaver 951A 952A served one stop for a time June 1994 - April 1995 it was soon taken out to improve reliability. 
952A Rugeley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk