News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

5th June 2022 Service Changes

Started by BNH2004, April 24, 2022, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 18, 2022, 08:19:40 AMI guess that also means it'll also end the one way loop that Harborne routes have operated for years. No more links to Moor St, New St etc.
yes time timetable & route change 5 june along with other services that will be back along broad st but we will have to wait & see if popular they will keep it as it is & run via broad st & new st station

Tony

QuoteI guess that also means it'll also end the one way loop that Harborne routes have operated for years. No more links to Moor St, New St etc.
What will?

Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2022, 08:43:49 AMWhat will?
@Tony  with the return of the 23/24 to Broad Street, can't it go down Broad Street then right where it meets the 82/87 down to Smallbrook Queensway, round the City loop and back down Broad Street. Or is there a reason why it can't do that? 
Surely it will just be the Bath Row and Cambridge Street/Seehpcote Street it won't serve anymore?

Before a lot of changes in that area the 126 used to turn right at the end of Broad Street to serve the Markets and Moor Street/New Street Stations.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on May 18, 2022, 10:21:01 AM@Tony  with the return of the 23/24 to Broad Street, can't it go down Broad Street then right where it meets the 82/87 down to Smallbrook Queensway, round the City loop and back down Broad Street. Or is there a reason why it can't do that? 
Surely it will just be the Bath Row and Cambridge Street/Seehpcote Street it won't serve anymore?

Before a lot of changes in that area the 126 used to turn right at the end of Broad Street to serve the Markets and Moor Street/New Street Stations.

The 126 used Bath Row instead of doing that. 

Quote from: Jack on May 18, 2022, 12:02:38 PMThe 126 used Bath Row instead of doing that.
126 returned to Broad Street after using Bath Row I think.
It only used Bath Row for a short period in 2015/2016, due to Paradise development roadworks I think. Moving back to Broad Street in 2016 not long after then platinums were delivered.
It was some time in 2017  when it was moved over to Colmore Row I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 18, 2022, 08:19:40 AMI guess that also means it'll also end the one way loop that Harborne routes have operated for years. No more links to Moor St, New St etc.
No idea how things will end up, but wouldn't it be possible for Harborne routes to continue to serve that loop? With the new Broad Street layout there's a right turn onto Suffolk Street, so they could run via Broad St, Suffolk St, Holloway Circus and along the existing loop.

sonic84

It is a very useful link to have the Harborne Routes serving the New Street and Moor Street.

The majority of people leave at New Street and Bull Ring so its proven to be popular

Quote from: sonic84 on May 18, 2022, 05:30:21 PMIt is a very useful link to have the Harborne Routes serving the New Street and Moor Street.

The majority of people leave at New Street and Bull Ring so its proven to be popular
The New Street and Moor Street stops on there are both busy stops as far as I know. Also it will restore the link to Broad Street, the 126 and Harborne Roads have had in the past.

Though time I caught that route several months ago on the 19th January 2022.
 When it got to the New Street stop the bus announcement said "This Bus Terminates Here all change please". I think the bus had some layover there and went out on the 23 having come in on the 24.
But I did think surely it shouldn't do that on that route, and people should be able to continue onto Colmore Row, etc.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: 2206 on May 18, 2022, 05:46:52 PMThe New Street and Moor Street stops on there are both busy stops as far as I know. Also it will restore the link to Broad Street, the 126 and Harborne Roads have had in the past.

Though time I caught that route several months ago on the 19th January 2022.
 When it got to the New Street stop the bus announcement said "This Bus Terminates Here all change please". I think the bus had some layover there and went out on the 23 having come in on the 24.
But I did think surely it shouldn't do that on that route, and people should be able to continue onto Colmore Row, etc.
Passengers can stay on, the bus has to technically terminate somewhere, the 16 does the same at the markets but Passengers can get on before and stay on past markets 

Quote from: Lukeee on May 18, 2022, 09:36:59 PMPassengers can stay on, the bus has to technically terminate somewhere, the 16 does the same at the markets but Passengers can get on before and stay on past markets
Yes I know its officially the terminus, but they shouldn't have announcements saying "All change please" on those routes, sounds like you have to get off.
Its not like the services that terminate at Priory Queensway where theres a proper last stop in the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on May 18, 2022, 08:32:14 AMyes time timetable & route change 5 june along with other services that will be back along broad st but we will have to wait & see if popular they will keep it as it is & run via broad st & new st station
Any link to this info please?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on May 19, 2022, 09:45:32 AMAny link to this info please?
The info on the 23/24 returning to Broad St, which includes the link to the timetable from June 5th showing that they still serve New St Station is here under the Bus 23 Service Updates section:

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/23-birmingham-bartley-green

Frequencies on 22/23 further reduced to every 11 mins each during the day, every 10 mins each during peak hours. 

Solo1

5 Jun 22RegisteredTimetable and Route ChangeOperating between Bartley Green and Birmingham City Centre given service number 22 / 23 / 24 effective from 05 June 2022. To amend Route and Timetable

Solo1

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on May 19, 2022, 11:35:50 AMThe info on the 23/24 returning to Broad St, which includes the link to the timetable from June 5th showing that they still serve New St Station is here under the Bus 23 Service Updates section:

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/23-birmingham-bartley-green

Frequencies on 22/23 further reduced to every 11 mins each during the day, every 10 mins each during peak hours.

Thanks, that wasn't there when I looked on that page earlier this morning!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk