News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicles away from Home garage 2022

Started by Tony, February 11, 2022, 01:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2022, 05:13:41 PMWhen have you known an NXWM bus get a new livery without getting an interior retrim
The tridents from original low floor livery to red/white livery, some did yes but not all. Also the E400 hybrids based at pl. They got crimsoned but have retained their hybrid green moquette

Tony

QuoteThe tridents from original low floor livery to red/white livery, some did yes but not all. Also the E400 hybrids based at pl. They got crimsoned but have retained their hybrid green moquette
The hybrids had a full retrim, just in original style to match the interiors

Jack

Quote from: Tony on June 09, 2022, 02:48:29 PMThe hybrids had a full retrim, just in original style to match the interiors
Really? Cause some WN ones I've had lately look worn out as anything.

5427 I had on the 79 was vile downstairs at the back, the whole emergency exit door and the back walls of the bus were stained a lightish brown, making the green colour look like sick.

Tony

QuoteReally? Cause some WN ones I've had lately look worn out as anything.

5427 I had on the 79 was vile downstairs at the back, the whole emergency exit door and the back walls of the bus were stained a lightish brown, making the green colour look like si
5427 was refurbished in Dundee in 2018 and was immaculate inside when it came south

RW

Jack

Quote from: Tony on June 09, 2022, 04:26:59 PM5427 was refurbished in Dundee in 2018 and was immaculate inside when it came south
Well it looked dreadful when I had it the other day.

BN

Quote from: Jack on June 09, 2022, 03:59:50 PMReally? Cause some WN ones I've had lately look worn out as anything.

5427 I had on the 79 was vile downstairs at the back, the whole emergency exit door and the back walls of the bus were stained a lightish brown, making the green colour look like sick.
@Jack I have made the team aware and at the very least get it deep cleaned. Any poor trim can be replaced if necessary.

Tony

QuoteWell it looked dreadful when I had it the other day.
Well a lot can happen in 4 years can't it.

Someone else was critisising WN putting B7RLEs in again after 5 years

Jack

Quote from: BN on June 09, 2022, 07:25:42 PM@Jack I have made the team aware and at the very least get it deep cleaned. Any poor trim can be replaced if necessary.
Good to hear, it wasn't the most nicest thing as the others were showing wear and tear but that one was a real mess.

RW

Quote from: RW on June 09, 2022, 07:26:58 AMTony, I've probably missed a post somewhere but what's the position regarding the 'new' grey livery with red/blue stripe that's being talked about on here?  Are all repaints coming out of Walsall in that livery or only certain vehicles? Is the 'platinum' livery being abandoned and all vehicles will appear in grey in future?
Is this subject covered by the Official Secrets Act for some reason or does no one know what the position is regarding repaints?

RW

Quote from: RW on June 10, 2022, 08:12:47 AMIs this subject covered by the Official Secrets Act for some reason or does no one know what the position is regarding repaints?
Ok I admit defeat. I've never known a previous occassion when a 'new' bus livery, even if it is a trial livery,  has been seen in public but no one appears to know anything about it or is reluctant to talk about it. Presumably time will shed some light on the subject one way or the other.

Tony

QuoteOk I admit defeat. I've never known a previous occassion when a 'new' bus livery, even if it is a trial livery,  has been seen in public but no one appears to know anything about it or is reluctant to talk about it. Presumably time will shed some light on the subject one way or the other.
Not sure what the problem is, I post every couple of weeks what is in paint

RW

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2022, 09:26:28 AMNot sure what the problem is, I post every couple of weeks what is in paint
And it is welcome information. I'm trying to understand whether a new livery is being applied along the lines of a recent photo of a vehicle in an all grey livery with a blue stripe or was that a one off for some reason?

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2022, 09:26:28 AMNot sure what the problem is, I post every couple of weeks what is in paint
Will the new electrics for Coventry carry this livery? Or is it just diesel vehicle repaints that will carry it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: 2206 on June 14, 2022, 12:39:18 PMWill the new electrics for Coventry carry this livery? Or is it just diesel vehicle repaints that will carry it?
Tony has already said they will.

I think we can deduce so far:-

1) E200s being repainted for Coventry will carry it - presumably these will be staying in Coventry for a while after all the electrics arrive - and if they are to be cascaded subsequently, repaint will simply be a new stripe
2) B7RLEs for Wolverhampton being repainted currently will carry it (but with red stripe) (2001,2002)
3) 2206 currently in for repaint will carry it (with red stripe)
4) Omnilinks continue to be repainted in crimson.

I'm presuming there's some reason why the new livery can't be 'announced' on here - probably some official launch (possibly of the new electric fleet at Coventry).

Is it possible those vehicles being repainted might be candidates for retro fitting as electric vehicles? Just a guess.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk