News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Boris's 3 billion for buses!

Started by JoNi, March 15, 2021, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Boris (Johnson) is launching a brave new era in bus travel today don't know where he's doing it!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-launches-3-billion-bus-revolution

There are going to be loads of new bus lanes, he could call it Primelines!

the trainbasher

Why do I sense a upcoming election

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JoNi

Blimey, I was completing my daily exercise walking home past Coventry Station only to find loads of police cars. A chap said is the Queen coming. At which point Boris strode out of the station and the convoy set off towards town passing an X18 branded bus on X17!

mikestone

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 15, 2021, 10:11:57 AM
And one they assume Boris's dithering has already lost them?

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

ellspurs

You think the already-announced buses by Vote4WMMayor Andy Street is part of this, or will this be on top of it?

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 15, 2021, 10:11:57 AM

Local council and mayoral elections only.

Quote from: ellspurs on March 15, 2021, 05:15:03 PM
You think the already-announced buses by Vote4WMMayor Andy Street is part of this, or will this be on top of it?

Andy Street likes to make out that this was 'his' transport plan and was all his idea.

The truth is plain to see now, none of what he was planning or proposing has anything to do with his input.

It makes no difference if Andy Street or Liam Byrne (other candidates are available too) becomes Mayor, this is all going to happen regardless.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JoNi

The National Bus Strategy is honest appraisal of the current shortcomings of the deregulated industry being replaced by enhanced partnerships or franchising facilitated by continued receipt of Covid grants.
It is noticeably silent on who will be responsible for heightening bus users expectations.

markcf83

Boris was interviewed in the NXC garage with one of the electric double deckers behind him.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on March 15, 2021, 09:17:38 PM
Boris was interviewed in the NXC garage with one of the electric double deckers behind him.

Pictures at NXC here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/number10gov/

the trainbasher

Since when has political campaigning and announcements been a reasonable excuse to ignore the stay at home orders?

Andy Street is just as bad when he made a trip to Dudley Bus Station with no social distancing, no face cover just to announce a new bus station

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 15, 2021, 10:56:55 PM
Since when has political campaigning and announcements been a reasonable excuse to ignore the stay at home orders?

Andy Street is just as bad when he made a trip to Dudley Bus Station with no social distancing, no face cover just to announce a new bus station
Was it political campaigning ? I don't think it was !
You're allowed to go to work which is what the PM and Andy Street were doing, it's their jobs !

the trainbasher

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 16, 2021, 06:28:08 AM
Was it political campaigning ? I don't think it was !
You're allowed to go to work which is what the PM and Andy Street were doing, it's their jobs !

But surely doing the announcement from the Commons or Number 10 is setting a better example than a armed convoy driving to Coventry for a photoshoot and then driving back.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 16, 2021, 10:04:13 AM
But surely doing the announcement from the Commons or Number 10 is setting a better example than a armed convoy driving to Coventry for a photoshoot and then driving back.

If he hadn't moved out of Downing Street for 12 months you'd be moaning he'd gone missing and didn't know what was going on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk