News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

End of yet another era!

Started by Westy, March 07, 2021, 12:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I can't remember when it was but it was certainly a few years ago now when NX Bus stopped providing paper tickets by post to direct debit customers, and sent us a shiny Swiftcard instead.

I thought at that point they would start phasing out all other paper travelcards, can't believe they've left it this long to be honest.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on March 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
I can't remember when it was but it was certainly a few years ago now when NX Bus stopped providing paper tickets by post to direct debit customers, and sent us a shiny Swiftcard instead.

I thought at that point they would start phasing out all other paper travelcards, can't believe they've left it this long to be honest.

To be honest I only swopped to a Swiftcard, because Nx had a flyer in the Travelshops with details to send off for a free one!

(This was around the time the X51 Sunday service was introduced ISTR!)

37351ml

My 1st off peak travelcard was purchased on 3/8/84 and my haulage notes show the following highlights of the day : 7045 (SE) on the 9, M55003 (TS) on the stourbridge shuttle. Had a look round Foster St garage. 4320 (HY) on the 16 to Green lane terminus for 4516 (WB) on the 406 round to scott arms. Then in the evening 6335 (CR) on the 79, wb to bham. Happy days

bususer28

Travelling to work today, I noticed that ticket machines are now dispensing little pieces of paper saying tickets are going paperless and people should visit the website to find out their options however no mention of any final transition date.

Stu

Quote from: bususer28 on March 10, 2021, 05:36:45 PM
Travelling to work today, I noticed that ticket machines are now dispensing little pieces of paper saying tickets are going paperless and people should visit the website to find out their options however no mention of any final transition date.

I was wondering why there was a string of uncollected tickets hanging out the printer when I got on my bus home this evening (and had got longer when I got off!).

What a waste of paper, ironically speaking!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mesub

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2021, 06:46:09 PM

What a waste of paper, ironically speaking!

Very late but I usually just grab them and put them in the used tickets bin. Helps a lot.

In other news, the nxbus website says April 3rd (Saturday) will be the day when they'll stop selling paper travelcards (https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/if-you-have-a-paper-travelcard-things-are-changing).

Edit: I wonder where I should apply, nxbus or WMCA?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BH2004

Quote from: mesub on March 30, 2021, 04:17:54 PM

In other news, the nxbus website says April 3rd (Saturday) will be the day when they'll stop paper travelcards

Does this mean we won't be able to buy a paper ticket from the bus like a adult single

mesub

Quote from: SN65 OMC on March 30, 2021, 06:22:57 PM
Does this mean we won't be able to buy a paper ticket from the bus like a adult single

No, you'll still be able to. It's just the paper travelcards: https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/if-you-have-a-paper-travelcard-things-are-changing

It looks like the link didn't fully copy so I'll update that now.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk