News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fleet Lists

Started by Celestial Toymaker, February 07, 2021, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on February 08, 2021, 10:01:23 AM
I  still have all my B&S / DJS fleet books , all rather dog-eared now though !!  Very rare that I mark a "cop" in any of them now - has to be a museum / rally sighting . . . . . . I wish.  :D
Could we possibly agree a deal for me to "borrow" them please any pre 1978, then 1979, 1981, 1984 & 1990 please plus anything 1992 - 2020
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on February 13, 2021, 09:06:37 PM
How do i find him ?

Seek & ye shall find!

A pdf covering all (known!) PTE vehicles & allocations is freely available on the West Midlands P.T.E. buses facebook group.

The complete 700p+ listing covering all subsidiaries of the new owners up to the present day is ongoing, & should similarly be made available once complete.

Celestial Toymaker

thanks its not quite what im looking for, im creating a database in similar form to fleet books, but with every known allocation added instead of just a single one, ive downloaded all the ones i could find anyway  :)
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Isle of Stroma

I forgot to mention that in the same files section on the facebook group, you'll find a pdf from me called 'BS75'.

The first edition of the B&S / DJS fleetbook came out in 1975 but in A5 format & without allocations. The BS75 pdf complements this with allocations (& corrections) in numerical & depot order as at 1/8/75.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on February 13, 2021, 09:35:06 PM
Could we possibly agree a deal for me to "borrow" them please any pre 1978, then 1979, 1981, 1984 & 1990 please plus anything 1992 - 2020

Hi SB .   Almost all of my B + S   /    DJS Fleet books are the "MPIB" , "IPIB" or "APIB" yearbooks sorry . I guess you are after just the pocket size West Midlands and Midland Red fleet lists of which we appear to have exactly the same ones.   Sorry !    :-\

fleetline6477

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on February 07, 2021, 05:09:01 PM
for some years i have been collecting the DJS / B&S WEST MIDLANDS P.T.E. FLEET LISTS i've now come to the point where is still have gaps but cant find the ones i need does anybody know where / if i can find these please ?

Once the Transport Museum at Wythall is open again they have a goo shop with a range of fleet lists etc. If you go on an Event Day (certain Sundays and Bank Holidays) there will be additional stall holders, one or two would possibly have those type of items.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on February 14, 2021, 10:37:18 PM
I forgot to mention that in the same files section on the facebook group, you'll find a pdf from me called 'BS75'.

The first edition of the B&S / DJS fleetbook came out in 1975 but in A5 format & without allocations. The BS75 pdf complements this with allocations (& corrections) in numerical & depot order as at 1/8/75.

Thanks Dave, my interest started with the introduction of The Ford A's, before that i knew nothing about buses, except as a child i was told "come away from those dirty smelly buses" and IF we went anywhere by bus it was get on and off as fast as you can dont talk to anybody dont move just look out of the window.......
all changed with the introduction of The Ford A
somebody brought a Telfor / Witton fleetlist to school the got it from WH Smith if i remember rightly, a friend then said if you get a proper one go to the WM Shop and ask for a fleetbook, well i got one, and that is when i started learning, my first wife threw most of them out the earliest survivor is 1989, but i did get some older ones from ebay a while ago, then last week i decided instead of flipping through for information, start a database, just fleet number, reg number, vehicle type, and all known garage allocations, then once finished i will add what became of the vehicles that survived the cutters torch (where known) therefore saving wear and tear on the books :)
that database im thinking i may offer to you and Tony when im done, so im trying to eliminate gaps where i can.....

i do update a current one (for me) every month but the mistake i made was when a vehicle leaves i remove it from the list - which in hindsight i shouldnt have done, but live and learn.......
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Celestial Toymaker

i have been collecting the DJS / B&S WEST MIDLANDS P.T.E. FLEET LISTS i've now come to the point where i still have gaps but cant find the ones i need, 
would anybody by any chance be willing to loan / sell me the WMPTE Fleet Lists that i need please.........
any pre 1978, then i need 1979, 1981, 1984, 1990, 1992 onwards please  :D

(second post - slightly modified)
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Solo1

Im sure this has been posted on here before  try the rallies when they start back up or wyhall aston manor when allowed to open

Celestial Toymaker

(second post - slightly modified)

was trying to strike a deal this time with anybody who might lend me them for a few week, im constructing a detailed database of WMPTE vehicles and allocations
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Stu

I don't know if this of any use to you, or something you've tried already?
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5816.0
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Celestial Toymaker

next daft question ive just come across a garage code that i dont know TWr I get the r is Reserve Fleet, but unless its Tyburn Rd Works (TW) ive no idea can anybody advise
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on March 10, 2021, 05:02:52 PM
next daft question ive just come across a garage code that i dont know TWr I get the r is Reserve Fleet, but unless its Tyburn Rd Works (TW) ive no idea can anybody advise

Yes, It means Tyburn Works, reserve fleet.

Celestial Toymaker

Thanks Tony, did you pick up the street deckers i sent you ?
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk