News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fleet Lists

Started by Celestial Toymaker, February 07, 2021, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Toymaker

for some years i have been collecting the DJS / B&S WEST MIDLANDS P.T.E. FLEET LISTS i've now come to the point where is still have gaps but cant find the ones i need does anybody know where / if i can find these please ?
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Solo1

Shop in Birmingham  by the law courts  Tornado books &hobbies Dalton  st worth a try afte lockdown

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on February 07, 2021, 10:16:45 PM
Shop in Birmingham  by the law courts  Tornado books &hobbies Dalton  st worth a try afte lockdown

Yes, a new shop is really going to stock 40 year old fleet lists isn't it

B61 ANDREW

I  still have all my B&S / DJS fleet books , all rather dog-eared now though !!  Very rare that I mark a "cop" in any of them now - has to be a museum / rally sighting . . . . . . I wish.  :D

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2021, 06:10:46 AM
Yes, a new shop is really going to stock 40 year old fleet lists isn't it

Yes it probably would as it's run by the manager of Ian Allen which was just outside New Street Station..

stephen ford

They are not going to have any slater fleet books, try bus rallys in the summer if any are allowed.

B61 ANDREW

Not forgetting the pocket sized set of "Fleetbooks" by AM Witton . Good value at 60p ,in the late 1970's .  ;)

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 08, 2021, 10:02:12 AM
Yes it probably would as it's run by the manager of Ian Allen which was just outside New Street Station..

And where would they get them from then?

The publisher is long gone and I had the last stock of books of him?

But you need to have the last word as usual

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2021, 10:49:01 AM
And where would they get them from then?

The publisher is long gone and I had the last stock of books of him?

But you need to have the last word as usual

No I don't.. I only stating a facthat it's the manager of the Ian Allen book shop that has started that new book shop up. I wasn't to know that he hasn't got ant left as he's given them all to you.. So sorry for just having a say... I don't mean to offend you if I did....I don't alway like to have the last word eventhough you seem to think I do!! 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 08, 2021, 10:59:59 AM
No I don't.. I only stating a facthat it's the manager of the Ian Allen book shop that has started that new book shop up. I wasn't to know that he hasn't got ant left as he's given them all to you.. So sorry for just having a say... I don't mean to offend you if I did....I don't alway like to have the last word eventhough you seem to think I do!! 😁

These books that are being referred to stopped being published in 1991. That is before teh last Ian Allen shop even opened. It wasn't Ian Allen that gave me the last stocks, It was David Slater, the publisher, but there wasn't any WMT fleetlists amongst them as they always sold out really quickly. I always helped DJS with his publications, and still do have some of the last books in mint condition, but only independant fleetlists and registration year lists

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2021, 11:35:30 AM
These books that are being referred to stopped being published in 1991. That is before teh last Ian Allen shop even opened. It wasn't Ian Allen that gave me the last stocks, It was David Slater, the publisher, but there wasn't any WMT fleetlists amongst them as they always sold out really quickly. I always helped DJS with his publications, and still do have some of the last books in mint condition, but only independant fleetlists and registration year lists

Ok @Tony

I was under the impresstion it was Ian Allen, but as you clearly say it was the actual publisher.

cardew

Ebay is probably your best bet but you might have to be patient and lucky with bidding. A quick check for completed listings using the search "west midlands fleet" shows just one sold recently (a 1987 edition)

Celestial Toymaker

Thnks guys, thought it was a hopeless task ive got 1978, 80, 82, 83, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 91 (and 2021) im trying to build up a database of the PTE Garage Allocations as i keep one upto date (but not with historic allocations) its something i noticed is missing from the web, once a vehicle leaves the company its difficult to find anything else out, my intention was to put this together starting with the PTE and even following vehicles that have survived upto now at least if nobody else finds it interesting i would.... 8)
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on February 13, 2021, 08:59:58 PM
Thnks guys, thought it was a hopeless task ive got 1978, 80, 82, 83, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 91 (and 2021) im trying to build up a database of the PTE Garage Allocations as i keep one upto date (but not with historic allocations) its something i noticed is missing from the web, once a vehicle leaves the company its difficult to find anything else out, my intention was to put this together starting with the PTE and even following vehicles that have survived upto now at least if nobody else finds it interesting i would.... 8)

Dave47549 has full histories

Celestial Toymaker

3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk