News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on February 15, 2024, 09:01:00 AMWhy don't you put the 10 taxed ones into YW and move 10 of their diesel's out as a temporary measure to ease the DD shortage
And where are we going to charge them? 

Solo1

Why are they taxed  if the 10 new electric buses can't be charged I know YW has charges for the ones on the 6 but not enough for the  new ones 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on February 15, 2024, 10:05:20 AMAnd where are we going to charge them?
Yes exactly, it's amazing where some of these ideas come from, if it was as easy as that it would of been done long before now!

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on February 15, 2024, 10:16:11 AMWhy are they taxed  if the 10 new electric buses can't be charged I know YW has charges for the ones on the 6 but not enough for the  new ones
If you haven't noticed, two are in use for driver training, that is why they are taxed, bit difficult without taxing them

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on February 15, 2024, 03:34:51 PMIf you haven't noticed, two are in use for driver training, that is why they are taxed, bit difficult without taxing them
I know 2 r for training but someone said 10 are taxed unless all are used for training 

mranon

well,they might have taxed 10 for a few reasons, but if theres 2 garages that will be receiving them onto fleet, while the charging situation is sorted at least they will always have one charged enough to train the substantial amount of drivers across the 2 garages. The thing could be they are staggering the tax out so they are not all due the same time which could possibly help the purse. 

Wba_lad

Was on my driving lesson and seen a electric bus FXE I think last three letters of the reg was with Tony driving what one was this please?

winston

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 22, 2024, 12:01:40 PMWas on my driving lesson and seen a electric bus FXE I think last three letters of the reg was with Tony driving what one was this please?
There is no FXE, there's an FKE, all registrations are below on the main site:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/E001.html

Wba_lad

Quote from: winston on February 22, 2024, 12:06:52 PMThere is no FXE, there's an FKE, all registrations are below on the main site:
Maybe it was FKE I can't remember I just know I seen one with Tony driving I was on my driving lesson.

Tony

Quote from: winston on February 22, 2024, 12:06:52 PMThere is no FXE, there's an FKE, all registrations are below on the main site:

Yes, E209 I have just taken to BC to have the livery put on tomorrow

Wumpty

@Tony - couple of questions please..........

Are there any specification tweaks to the latest batch of electrics in either the electric motors/drivetrain or interiors, gleaned from the inaugral batches that are 4ish years old?

Have there been any efficiency gains on the X1 being a longer/interurban higher speed run compared to the stop/start of other routes?

Thanks, in advance!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on February 22, 2024, 05:08:19 PM@Tony - couple of questions please..........

Are there any specification tweaks to the latest batch of electrics in either the electric motors/drivetrain or interiors, gleaned from the inaugral batches that are 4ish years old?

Have there been any efficiency gains on the X1 being a longer/interurban higher speed run compared to the stop/start of other routes?

Thanks, in advance!
These are almost identical to E034-E163, a couple of very minor changes include the shape of the CCTV screens. What also seems strange is some of the current batch have red LED trim lights in the saloon, the same as the last batch, but others have green. I am not sure if that is deliberate or an error by A-D

jasmine

Saw E191 on Moor Street yesterday I presume driven by Tony at 12:40

bususer28

I am happy to stand corrected here however I spoke to a driver today who said that the 35 is due to go electric from April. I was slightly sceptical because the 35 hasn't had brand new buses in my lifetime at least and then now I've seen on the TfWM website that the 35 is having its timetable updated on 6th April so it might in fact be true...

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on February 24, 2024, 09:35:21 PMI am happy to stand corrected here however I spoke to a driver today who said that the 35 is due to go electric from April. I was slightly sceptical because the 35 hasn't had brand new buses in my lifetime at least and then now I've seen on the TfWM website that the 35 is having its timetable updated on 6th April so it might in fact be true...

Won't be April 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk