News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

To save 26 different threads being started this one can be used for anything on the new buses.

Fleetnumbers are E001-19 (Yardley Wood) E020-29 (Coventry)

At the moment the first one is expected in just under 4 weeks time.

I do not have the registration numbers yet

Squiz1971

Will some be 69 plates & the rest 20 plates or is it a case of wait & see when the first one is ready to be registered @Tony?

richardjones210368

I have to say @Tony what we were shown on Tuesday in a presentation they look superb, the environmental benefits explained are amazing and are a credit to West Midlands Travel Ltd and you should be very proud of them this is exactly what we need going forward with enhanced partnerships with TfWM

Busboy105

Which service is getting the CV buses?

karl724223

Get ready children with your tents and photo. This is the week the first bus is due to come
But
What day
And to
What garage ?
😂

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on February 23, 2020, 10:39:01 PM
Get ready children with your tents and photo. This is the week the first bus is due to come
But
What day
And to
What garage ?
😂

No idea what day.

But while their ultimate destination is Yardley Wood, I'm going to guess they'll go to Birmingham Central first (for 'prep').

Younger forum members might not get this reference, but as these are for the 6 route, I'm hoping the branding won't be making use of the expression 'Electric 6'.

Because I'm going to get triggered if they carry 'danger high voltage' stickers on the side, like I've seen on some hybrids...

(Wow, can't believe this song is 18 years old now!)  :o
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

First one might be delivered tomorrow to bc

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on February 25, 2020, 08:26:31 PM
First one might be delivered tomorrow to bc

3 are expected this week, with the first one tomorrow to BC

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on February 25, 2020, 08:20:27 PM
No idea what day.

But while their ultimate destination is Yardley Wood, I'm going to guess they'll go to Birmingham Central first (for 'prep').

Younger forum members might not get this reference, but as these are for the 6 route, I'm hoping the branding won't be making use of the expression 'Electric 6'.

Because I'm going to get triggered if they carry 'danger high voltage' stickers on the side, like I've seen on some hybrids...

(Wow, can't believe this song is 18 years old now!)  :o

It'd need re-routing via Hurst Street or Lower Essex Street/Kent Street then as well.

Tony

RW

Quote from: Tony on February 25, 2020, 08:30:02 PM
3 are expected this week, with the first one tomorrow to BC
Or not!!

Tony

Quote from: RW on February 28, 2020, 04:56:04 PM
Or not!!

They're at BC. first one should go to YW for driver training Monday

Stu

Quick question, will there be any requirement for these electric vehicles to strictly stick to one route?

They supposedly have a range of 150-160 miles on a full charge, so will there be any need to have charging points at the terminus for a quick 'top-up'? I have no idea to be honest how long it would take to fully charge the battery on one of these.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 28, 2020, 06:15:26 PM
Quick question, will there be any requirement for these electric vehicles to strictly stick to one route?

They supposedly have a range of 150-160 miles on a full charge, so will there be any need to have charging points at the terminus for a quick 'top-up'? I have no idea to be honest how long it would take to fully charge the battery on one of these.

No, they can operate on any route if needed. At the moment all charging will be done in garage.

When E002 arrived I spoke to the delivery driver who had brought it up from Heathrow, which presumably explains the London registrations. He set off with 93% charge, drove 105 miles to BC and arrived with 53% charge

Steve3229vp

Electric buses must be a win win situation, They might be more expensive than diesel buses but over their life span they might end up being more cost effective. Also as the electric bus fleet gets larger the diesel bill will get smaller. National Express should be applauded for this big bold move. The future looks interesting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk