News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

HS2

Started by richardjones210368, January 30, 2020, 03:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

I understand the decision on HS2 will now be announced shortly before the commons rises for the Spring Recess next Friday as MPs will depart next Friday for thier constituencys and will then be unable to call early day motions to debate the decision. A very very clever decision made by my nemesis Dominic Cummings.

RW

Hope your right richardj. Listening to Grant Shapps on Sky sounds like more delay, more indecision, Govt dithering. If you believe the media the green light seems to have dimmed slightly. Hopefully your 'source' remains confident. Never mind levelling up the country's infrastructure if this was a London scheme.........need I say it?

richardjones210368

Quote from: RW on February 06, 2020, 10:26:52 AM
Hope your right richardj. Listening to Grant Shapps on Sky sounds like more delay, more indecision, Govt dithering. If you believe the media the green light seems to have dimmed slightly. Hopefully your 'source' remains confident. Never mind levelling up the country's infrastructure if this was a London scheme.........need I say it?
Forgot to reply yesterday an unholy row broke out behind the scenes when The PM reached out David Cameron who let's face it he bought down and the former PM snubbed his job offer I understand Dominc Cummings was fuming and lobby journalists thrown out of a briefing because of this issue.

RW

So what are you saying richardj that HS2 was overtaken by other events yesterday? Surely PM can't afford to let David Cameron issues force HS2 out of kilter? If that's what you're suggesting. What was the briefing for DC or HS2. If the latter Grant Shapps putting a different story around!

richardjones210368

Quote from: RW on February 06, 2020, 03:02:34 PM
So what are you saying richardj that HS2 was overtaken by other events yesterday? Surely PM can't afford to let David Cameron issues force HS2 out of kilter? If that's what you're suggesting. What was the briefing for DC or HS2. If the latter Grant Shapps putting a different story around!
The Prime Minister due to other events is only able to now brief Back Bench MPs tonight as the Cobra Meetings after the terrorist attrocity, the killer chinese flu and the Cameron fiasco have overwhelmed No10s business this week.

the trainbasher

Ah well that waste of taxpayers money has been given the go ahead.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 11, 2020, 12:54:14 PM

Time will tell if it's a waste of money. Regional flights will be gone by the time HS2 is completed.

BK63 YWP

But the west coast is running at capacity, what would your idea be?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

the trainbasher

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on February 11, 2020, 01:09:33 PM
But the west coast is running at capacity, what would your idea be?

4 track Chiltern with a new line connecting Aylesbury, Rugby (and a spur to Northampton), Leicester and then 4 track to Leeds via Derby.

Or alternatively a less focus on London and more businesses being moved to the region's.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 11, 2020, 01:17:12 PM
4 track Chiltern with a new line connecting Aylesbury, Rugby (and a spur to Northampton), Leicester and then 4 track to Leeds via Derby.

Or alternatively a less focus on London and more businesses being moved to the region's.

Extra capacity using 19th century lines. No thanks, catch up with the rest of the world

RW

Spot on Tony. Where do all these dinosaurs come from? Can't see beyond the end of the week.

Trident 4194

2 years ago I produced a 2500 word essay evaluating the impacts of HS2 with the data that was provided back then. When concluding I did say at the time whilst it possessed many benefits, drawbacks such as cost, austerity measures back then, environmental damage, and the overcrowding of other lines, where potentially this money could have helped resolve these issues in a shorter time frame. I wish I had this document still that I could share with you. It was an A* essay too ☺️. However I have no objections now that we have Boris as PM, and will deliver what has been promised

Stu

I don't think there was any doubt that it wouldn't go ahead.

Too much has been spent already, and if the project was pulled, I'm sure a number of contractors would have had to have received some form of 'compensation', or something like that.

It would definitely have been a waste of money if the project had been scrapped.

Quote from: Tony on February 11, 2020, 03:19:00 PM
Extra capacity using 19th century lines. No thanks, catch up with the rest of the world

The irony is that 'our' HS2 line is already something like 25 years behind many other parts of the world that already have high-speed train lines.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 11, 2020, 12:58:05 PM
Time will tell if it's a waste of money. Regional flights will be gone by the time HS2 is completed.

Now that wouldn't surprise me in the least!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 11, 2020, 07:23:02 PM
However I have no objections now that we have Boris as PM, and will deliver what has been promised

I wouldn't trust Boris to deliver a bath, let alone a high speed rail project. He is a prime minister who was only elected on a xenophobic backing propped up with Russian blood and oil money. #notmyPM

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 11, 2020, 07:38:44 PM
I wouldn't trust Boris to deliver a bath, let alone a high speed rail project. He is a prime minister who was only elected on a xenophobic backing propped up with Russian blood and oil money. #notmyPM

No politics on here please.
(he is your prime minister - it's called democracy)

Back to HS2 please

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk