News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wishful Fleet Changes/Bad Fleet Changes

Started by leicesterbusadventurer, July 23, 2019, 09:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leicesterbusadventurer

If you want to rant about any bad fleet additions and allocations or anything they should have done but didn't, just pop all your thoughts in here. This can be from any time, even if the problem has since been solved.

Pat

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on July 23, 2019, 09:51:35 PM
If you want to rant about any bad fleet additions and allocations or anything they should have done but didn't, just pop all your thoughts in here. This can be from any time, even if the problem has since been solved.
Shame that 2730 left Telford last summer. Absolutely lovely bus

Sh4318

I feel like the Enviro 400s at BC & WB should be allocated to certain routes and be the only type of bus on that route. Referring to the 5, 60, 80/A mainly. I know in reality, it's probably impossible.

I don't really like how the Gemini's have been split up, my OCD is on hyper drive just thinking about it. Again, I'm aware there are reasons behind it
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 23, 2019, 10:28:51 PM
I feel like the Enviro 400s at BC & WB should be allocated to certain routes and be the only type of bus on that route. Referring to the 5, 60, 80/A mainly. I know in reality, it's probably impossible.

I don't really like how the Gemini's have been split up, my OCD is on hyper drive just thinking about it. Again, I'm aware there are reasons behind it
This is an Arriva only topic, I don't know much about NXWM (which I think this is) but you can set one up on their discussion if you wish.

Bob

Solis on Sapphire services and any interurban service. Do they ever last the whole journey without breaking down

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Bob on July 23, 2019, 11:04:01 PM
Solos on Sapphire services and any interurban service. Do they ever last the whole journey without breaking down
That second one's nothing, Leicester's depots like sending them on their longest routes every now and then (29 for Thurmaston, X84 for Wigston). This is happening while Thurmaston are putting DDs on the Drayton Manor/Twycross Zoo services they're running for the next month and hardly anyone's using them because they leave so early.

Dennis

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on July 23, 2019, 11:53:10 PM
That second one's nothing, Leicester's depots like sending them on their longest routes every now and then (29 for Thurmaston, X84 for Wigston). This is happening while Thurmaston are putting DDs on the Drayton Manor/Twycross Zoo services they're running for the next month and hardly anyone's using them because they leave so early.

Aren't the times of the Drayton Manor bus based around what time the rides open? Probably an early start as it's a long way to Tamworth via Nuneaton or Coalville.

How do you know how many people are using them?

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Dennis on July 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM
Aren't the times of the Drayton Manor bus based around what time the rides open? Probably an early start as it's a long way to Tamworth via Nuneaton or Coalville.

How do you know how many people are using them?
That's probably right but all the same, I'd have to camp at SMBS the night before to be there before 8 in the morning, which is why I had a rough estimate that hardly anyone is using them, proved correct on Monday when someone posted on the Facebook to praise the driver on the duty, and said it was just her and her partner.

Dennis

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on July 24, 2019, 09:39:53 PM
That's probably right but all the same, I'd have to camp at SMBS the night before to be there before 8 in the morning, which is why I had a rough estimate that hardly anyone is using them, proved correct on Monday when someone posted on the Facebook to praise the driver on the duty, and said it was just her and her partner.

Good job they don't just pick up from SMBS then.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Dennis on July 25, 2019, 07:48:52 PM
Good job they don't just pick up from SMBS then.
Well, I don't live anywhere the Coalville or Hinckley corridors so I'd have no choice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk