News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New TfWm bus maps June 2019

Started by Westy, June 07, 2019, 07:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Now available at a Travelshop near you.

Heres a question.

The maps are dated June 2019.

Walsall's, despite being dated June, has not included the 29 April changes, so they are still refering to the 89 & X51 old routes.

However Wolverhampton, also dated June 2019, refers to the 60 instead.

So how long ago was Walsall's prepared then?

(I thought in the past, the maps were supposed to take account of changes up to a certain date, so Arriva's next set of changes end June havent been included, but surely in the past, they would have been?

@Simon@Arriva - I know you/Arriva only released the changes the other day to the public.

Would that have been the same day you informed TfWm?

Solo1

They have  got when they run rather than how often they run
like the old maps

Smethwickian

The new Walsall map correctly has Select's 36 (Lichfield-Aldridge) in the service listing but the map wrongly shows the withdrawn 35B which it replaced.
The Sandwell map has Handsworth-Perry Barr service 61 terminating in a 'dead end'  at Handsworth but the Birmingham map shows a terminal loop.
On the Sandwell map, the town centre Smethwick map is okay. But  the boxed section of the town on the main map wrongly shows a stretch of Soho Way as being bus-served, which is not correct now that the X7 has been withdrawn.
Also in that box on the main map, stretches of Vicarage Road and Church Hill Street are wrongly shown as bus-served when they are not (this being a partly incorrect representation of a terminal loop via Trinity Street and Church Hill Street which hasn't been used since the withdrawal of the 445 many years ago).
Just below that bit of Smethwick on the Sandwell map, the section of Grange Road between Bearwood Road and Waterloo Road is served west to east (it's one-way) by the 20, 54 and 54A but is wrongly shown in white as if not served at all.

Westy

Either someone has not checked these before printing, or there seems to have been an early cut off date for printing!

Smethwickian

On the Solihull guide's service listing, services 223, 233, 513/4/7/9 are ticked as operating 'Monday to Friday' when at best each runs only a couple of days a week.
On the Solihull map 'occasional journeys' on service X50 are shown as operating via Blythe Valley Business Park when, of course, this Sunday-only route does no such thing.
Pedantic, perhaps, but the problem is that Network West Midlands Network (or whatever it is called this week) timetable leaflets no longer include a route listing, only the map diagram, so those and the area maps need to be accurate or it's impossible to work out where routes actually go.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 07, 2019, 07:00:29 PM
Now available at a Travelshop near you.

Heres a question.

The maps are dated June 2019.

Walsall's, despite being dated June, has not included the 29 April changes, so they are still refering to the 89 & X51 old routes.

However Wolverhampton, also dated June 2019, refers to the 60 instead.

So how long ago was Walsall's prepared then?

(I thought in the past, the maps were supposed to take account of changes up to a certain date, so Arriva's next set of changes end June havent been included, but surely in the past, they would have been?

@Simon@Arriva - I know you/Arriva only released the changes the other day to the public.

Would that have been the same day you informed TfWm?

Hi

TfWM get the registrations 10 weeks ahead of implementation date (although changes can be made up to 6 weeks away)

Westy

So it was just a cock up  on the Walsall map then?

(We'll give Arriva the benefit of the doubt!)

Westy

There appears to be a corrected Walsall map on the Nwm web site!

harringtonp

I see a huge amount of route and stop changes (though many are small) coming into YourStop so I'm not surprised at printed publications going out of date quickly

Westy

Quote from: harringtonp on June 25, 2019, 04:13:40 PM
I see a huge amount of route and stop changes (though many are small) coming into YourStop so I'm not surprised at printed publications going out of date quickly

The question is was it right in the first place?

I dont think it was!

mikestone

There is now a hard copy of the revised Walsall map.

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on July 04, 2019, 07:03:46 PM
There is now a hard copy of the revised Walsall map.

I've got to renew my pass this weekend.

Let's  hope there's some left!

I'm assuming the Arriva 2 change hasn't been accounted for?

mikestone

Surprised no-one has mentioned to route list shows X50 operated by NXWM and the 10S as a second 10H.
Also X51 shown to Cannock seven days a week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk