News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

ADL Enviro200 & Enviro300 Suspension Issues

Started by DJ, May 12, 2019, 09:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

There's now a notice issued by the DVSA regarding the suspension issues with E200s and E300s, which originally started after an accident with First Glasgow if my memory is correct.

According to a friend, Uno have withdrawn all of their E200s, with other routes having temporary reduced timetables to allow for their vehicles to be spread out more. I wonder if we will see something similar up here?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/alexander-dennis-limited-adl-buses-safety-concerns/alexander-dennis-limited-adl-enviro200-and-enviro300-buses-safety-concerns

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 12, 2019, 09:25:24 PM
There's now a notice issued by the DVSA regarding the suspension issues with E200s and E300s, which originally started after an accident with First Glasgow if my memory is correct.

According to a friend, Uno have withdrawn all of their E200s, with other routes having temporary reduced timetables to allow for their vehicles to be spread out more. I wonder if we will see something similar up here?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/alexander-dennis-limited-adl-buses-safety-concerns/alexander-dennis-limited-adl-enviro200-and-enviro300-buses-safety-concerns

All e200s off the road. That is what most of us can dream for

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 13, 2019, 12:34:18 PM

Of course! You want loads of people left standing at bus stops for hours with no buses! Just what people with an interest in buses would 'dream of'

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2019, 12:36:37 PM
Of course! You want loads of people left standing at bus stops for hours with no buses! Just what people with an interest in buses would 'dream of'

You got buses in the reserve fleet. Suppose that's the problem when you focus so much on one type of bus. Especially when they made such shocking buses to start with

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 13, 2019, 12:40:26 PM
You got buses in the reserve fleet. Suppose that's the problem when you focus so much on one type of bus. Especially when they made such shocking buses to start with

You really talk rubbish!

There's many routes where only an E200 can get around and there's nowhere near 93 spare buses. Truth is there's currently 1 (4364)

Westy

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2019, 12:59:46 PM
You really talk rubbish!

There's many routes where only an E200 can get around and there's nowhere near 93 spare buses. Truth is there's currently 1 (4364)

Lets hope noone else goes bump then!

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 13, 2019, 12:34:18 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 13, 2019, 12:40:26 PM

I wonder if you even realise how crass and ignorant your comments come across as.

I'm not even going to try and dignify myself with some kind of explanation, as you probably won't even bother to read it in full.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk