News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Gatwick Depot address

Started by andymacp, December 02, 2018, 11:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andymacp

Does anyone know the location of the Gatwick depot that the PSV Circle mention about in the October 2018 news sheets as 'opening'?

Tony

It is Gatwick Airport Coach Park

andymacp

It has been mentioned on Facebook that they fuel up at VCS. Is that correct?

Tony

Quote from: andymacp on December 02, 2018, 11:34:08 AM
It has been mentioned on Facebook that they fuel up at VCS. Is that correct?

Yes, West Midlands Travel have a registered operating centre at 'Sammy's'  Victoria arrivals when both Luton and Gatwick vehicles are fuelled, washed and inspected.

If anyone wonders why it is called Sammy's it dates back to before it was the arrivals hall and was the garage for Samuelsons coaches which formed part of National Travel (South East)

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2018, 11:55:03 AM
Yes, West Midlands Travel have a registered operating centre at 'Sammy's'  Victoria arrivals when both Luton and Gatwick vehicles are fuelled, washed and inspected.

If anyone wonders why it is called Sammy's it dates back to before it was the arrivals hall and was the garage for Samuelsons coaches which formed part of National Travel (South East)

The Gatwick allocated vehicles were outstationed at the former Crawley depot prior to this move weren't they? Is that still owned by NX?

andymacp

Is Simpson Road still open as the National Express coaches have been transferred out. I still have 31 assorted vehicles allocated there?

winston

Quote from: andymacp on December 02, 2018, 02:09:46 PM
Is Simpson Road still open as the National Express coaches have been transferred out. I still have 31 assorted vehicles allocated there?

Sipson Rd is still listed on the licence with a VA of 19 vehicles, but I understand Sipson Rd has since fully closed. Gatwick was said to be an oustation of SR, but has its own allocation. As SR is now closed, Gatwick should be listed on the license in its own right the same as VCS is.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on December 02, 2018, 02:38:17 PM
Sipson Rd is still listed on the licence with a VA of 19 vehicles, but I understand Sipson Rd has since fully closed. Gatwick was said to be an oustation of SR, but has its own allocation. As SR is now closed, Gatwick should be listed on the license in its own right the same as VCS is.

The vehicles that are listed on the main site as allocated to Sipson Road are now running on the Kings Ferry license

Because the Gatwick vehicles are maintained at VCS listing that as an OC covers them

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2018, 03:10:07 PM
The vehicles that are listed on the main site as allocated to Sipson Road are now running on the Kings Ferry license

Because the Gatwick vehicles are maintained at VCS listing that as an OC covers them

I know all the SR allocated buses have since switched to Kings Ferry, Hounslow Depot (at BM Coaches) - BA Shuttle's / White City BBC Contracted Services etc - VA 28

How can VCS outstation be used to cover the Gatwick allocation, when VCS is only authorized for 6 vehicles & Gatwick has 15 allocated?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk