News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wearing NX uniform and distracting drivers

Started by Tony, June 20, 2018, 08:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

For the second time in two weeks I have been sent photos of an 'enthusiast' in full NX uniform standing on the platform of a moving bus talking to a driver.

A warning to both people if they are on here. Both instances have been passed onto head of security at NX and Safer Travel police.

Distracting the driver is dangerous.

metrocity

Quote from: Tony on June 20, 2018, 08:57:12 AM
For the second time in two weeks I have been sent photos of an 'enthusiast' in full NX uniform standing on the platform of a moving bus talking to a driver.

A warning to both people if they are on here. Both instances have been passed onto head of security at NX and Safer Travel police.

Distracting the driver is dangerous.
Shouldn't the driver inform the 'passenger' to sit down if he is being distracted ?

Tony

Quote from: metrocity on June 20, 2018, 04:01:12 PM
Shouldn't the driver inform the 'passenger' to sit down if he is being distracted ?

Yes, and most do. The clip I have seen shows the driver ignoring the person which is another sensible option

karl724223

A bit like a certain person who worked at diamond in full uniform claiming to be a driver for a free ride now not at diamond  maybe arriva and still not a driver

BU07 LGO

I've seen him, he is called "*" and has already had one set of uniform confiscated by an inspector!

Name removed by me. I already knew who he was and have passed the info on - Tony

Jack

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 20, 2018, 05:25:12 PM
I've seen him, he is called "*" and has already had one set of uniform confiscated by an inspector!
That's the person who use to print tickets and mess around with the wayfarers (when NX had them) and loves to mess around with the Hanover displays.

Michael Bevan

I know who you're on about. I told him yesterday when I saw him stood at Aston University with an NX shirt, NX hi-viz and Platinum tie on. I said he could get drivers into trouble for that, and he just turned around to me and said "I don't fucking care". At the end of the day, people shouldn't be wearing a company's uniform if they don't work for them. I've tried telling this person multiple times about wearing uniform (as I used to be friends with him), but he doesn't listen...Hopefully a good telling off will actually make him wake up to the fact it's wrong...

Jay

what amazes me that he spent all that money on getting the NX uniform why not pay for a weeks pass anyway!?!
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Solo1

That person could do with the police arresting him for posing as a member of nx bus + a heavy fine then he will stop

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Jon on June 20, 2018, 08:17:42 PM
what amazes me that he spent all that money on getting the NX uniform why not pay for a weeks pass anyway!?!

Ironically the one I'm referring to has a bus pass...I've been told drivers actually give him the uniform...

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 20, 2018, 08:21:00 PM
Ironically the one I'm referring to has a bus pass...I've been told drivers actually give him the uniform...
He has loads of driver friends, I've been on buses with him standing on the platform literally in the way of passengers trying to show the driver their pass/ticket. I seriously hope he learns his lesson. If you want to include this, his driver friends allow him to ride buses that are going dead to a terminus or the garage. Oh and he likes to constantly have flash set on his camera literally blinding the driver...

Metrorider

There's another one that I've noticed a few times at Merry Hill in full WMCA/Network West Midlands uniform!! Don't know his name or what happened to him because the WMCA staff onsite were less than impressed when they noticed him!
Paul.

Metrorider

Quote from: karl724223 on June 20, 2018, 04:23:29 PM
A bit like a certain person who worked at diamond in full uniform claiming to be a driver for a free ride now not at diamond  maybe arriva and still not a driver

If we're thinking of the same guy he now works for WMCA as a surveyor! He did briefly work for Diamond though as a route trainer.
Paul.

Will

Quote from: karl724223 on June 20, 2018, 04:23:29 PM

If you was referring to me Karl I did actually work at Diamond for 8 months.
Stourbridge   125

karl724223

Quote from: Will on June 20, 2018, 10:49:08 PM
If you was referring to me Karl I did actually work at Diamond for 8 months.
yes I was you tried getting on my X96 in Dudley claiming you was a driver

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk