News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: thetruth on April 11, 2012, 02:06:14 AM
They currently park anything in the top yard except Darts.

Never saw a Scania in there though. Before the Scanias arrived there always used to be around 5 of the 'talking Mercs' (1524-9/31-5/7-9/658) parked at the top yard in the evening or on Sundays which suggests that there were some 404 boards run from there. This obviously changed when the Scanias arrived.

Lol the 'talking mercs' the system were good especially if you were not familiar to the route and good if you wanted to know the time it's a shame some of the scania's dont have them installed as there still installed on the merc's along with some of the diamond darts

Nathan4775

Michael like i said it was a sueggestion I didnt say IT had to happen. I even quoted it at the top it was a silly sueggestion so ..

Quote from: KayP on April 10, 2012, 11:17:23 PM
The 88 doesn't exist anymore it was withdrawn 3 years ago
It would make more sense for the 74/75 to operated by PE, WN or WA and the 401 to be operated by WN.
428/429 should be operated by Walsall as they both go to Wednesbury
448/A/B should go to YW or BC, also, what buses would the 448/A/B be operated by?
[/quote]

If the 448/A/B went to YW it would probally be Volvo B10L or Scania Operated
If the 448/A/B went to BC it would probally be Scania operated or Dennis Triednet operated  :D
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

4029 has gone to Acock's Green, looks like the presidents are starting to move there for more gemini's in return i would think

richie

Quote from: KayP on April 10, 2012, 11:44:09 PM
The only solution would be to either transfer the 74/75 to BC or - which I think is better - split up the routes, 74 to PE and 75 to WA/WN which ever is closer to Wednesbury, I'm not sure  :)

Quote from: Ash on April 10, 2012, 11:31:32 PM
To me there is one big issue with transferring all these routes from WB to different garages, is the dead mileage which would be huge especially for example if the 74/75 had to travel all the way to Wolverhampton after fininshing, but saying that when the 79 terminates at West Brom it then has all the dead mileage back to Wolverhampton so would be similar for the 74/75 so who knows

They won't close west brom garage they are having a new roof this year. but they will most likely dispose of the land by the town or be made to? 74 and 75 should stay at WB relief at WB no book on time 87 82 to PN 80 89 to BC 636 to PN WB low or non profitable routes give to diamond in the sandwell network review they like empty routes

winston

With all the re-development work going on around the main WB garage site, I'm surprised the council haven't considered a compulsory purchase order & NXWM have been forced to re-locate WB garage to an industrial estate.

Problem is, where would PE accommodate all those extra buses at present? that is unless they decide to acquire the derelict land adjacent to the bottom of the garage yard, the other problem is PE depots infrastructure doesn't really seem capable/wasn't designed to deal with a 150+ fleet

Quote from: richie on April 27, 2012, 06:59:25 AM
The only solution would be to either transfer the 74/75 to BC or - which I think is better - split up the routes, 74 to PE and 75 to WA/WN which ever is closer to Wednesbury, I'm not sure  :)

To me there is one big issue with transferring all these routes from WB to different garages, is the dead mileage which would be huge especially for example if the 74/75 had to travel all the way to Wolverhampton after fininshing, but saying that when the 79 terminates at West Brom it then has all the dead mileage back to Wolverhampton so would be similar for the 74/75 so who knows

They won't close west brom garage they are having a new roof this year. but they will most likely dispose of the land by the town or be made to? 74 and 75 should stay at WB relief at WB no book on time 87 82 to PN 80 89 to BC 636 to PN WB low or non profitable routes give to diamond in the sandwell network review they like empty routes

MW

BC is more than capable to operate the Dudley Road corridor if it came to it.

Ash

Im sure WB would find another park up may be near kenrick way where there sure to be empty units, If not i would think the 405/6 would return to Walsall and use the liberators on them, 451 may return to PB due to them running the service before, the 448 could go to BC and may be another suggestion change the 75 back to the 79 and get Wolverhampton to run the service again using the tridents. (only suggestions) but i cant see WB losing or reducing there sevices also i think we would have heard something about the park up space they have now if it was to be redeveloped as the police station has been built opposite and they seem to be building around it. All diamond routes they operate around west brom are defo not empty as there service that have been operated by either petes travel or birmingham coach company or ludlows for a long time, also i dont think any WB routes are that low profitable or certainly not non profitable because if they were do you really think NXWM would be operating them .

winston

I'm pretty sure PB is already at capacity, so any further route transfers in are unlikely. PE is at or near capacity without any extension. I'm not sure how close BC is to its total capacity.

Quote from: Ash on April 27, 2012, 12:34:52 PM

Im sure WB would find another park up may be near kenrick way where there sure to be empty units, If not i would think the 405/6 would return to Walsall and use the liberators on them, 451 may return to PB due to them running the service before, the 448 could go to BC and may be another suggestion change the 75 back to the 79 and get Wolverhampton to run the service again using the tridents. (only suggestions) but i cant see WB losing or reducing there sevices also i think we would have heard something about the park up space they have now if it was to be redeveloped as the police station has been built opposite and they seem to be building around it. All diamond routes they operate around west brom are defo not empty as there service that have been operated by either petes travel or birmingham coach company or ludlows for a long time, also i dont think any WB routes are that low profitable or certainly not non profitable because if they were do you really think NXWM would be operating them .

Ash

Due to most garages seeming to be at full capacity im sure if the puter parking area has to close alternative parking and storage i would think would be found

richie

Watch this space i hear that the duty roster is to change signifinatly at PN in October

Roy

Don't forget that there is a Sandwell Bus Review this year and the most likely date for implementation is the last Sunday in October, when some Centro tendered services will also change.

Stu

Ritchie,

I don't mean to sound pedantic, but why is it only you that refers to Pensnett garage as 'PN' when everybody else, including NXWM themselves, use the short garage code 'PE'?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rob H

Quote from: Ash on April 26, 2012, 09:46:26 PM
4029 has gone to Acock's Green, looks like the presidents are starting to move there for more gemini's in return i would think

2 More Gemini's from Acocks Green have moved to West Browmich and they are 4522 & 4530 ;) both were operating on the 451 today
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Ash

Looks like their swapping them for the presidents then im sure in time west brom will have all the 53 gemini's

Nathan4775

Quote from: winston on April 27, 2012, 01:55:42 PM
I'm pretty sure PB is already at capacity, so any further route transfers in are unlikely. PE is at or near capacity without any extension. I'm not sure how close BC is to its total capacity.

Quote from: Ash on April 27, 2012, 12:34:52 PM

Walsall is closer to Wednesbury Bus Stn
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk