News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Northwestern Railway

Started by Stu, December 10, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

I wonder if the managers who have been trained up to cover the potential striking guards have been used prematurely and the guards have refused to work overtime and rest days?
;

Westy

Quote from: WMT3000 on November 02, 2019, 11:28:59 PM
Although I dread the thought of Corbyn as pm I have to agree. Labour's policy of re-nationalisation seems the best option at the moment. And I'd include more than just the railways. As you say there's the NHS, but also utilities etc. It seems as though all services are deteriorating and/or becoming more expensive under the current government. The fact that much needed reviews never happen explains how the frankly imbecilic management are able to keep their jobs year after year, franchise after franchise.

We are going to have to do a lot of soul searching for this election, aren't we?

Sh4318

I'm already at the end of my tether with this terrible franchise, shortformed trains, lack of proper planning, several trains cancelled due to train crew unavailability, very slow responses on social media. I will be practicing what I preach and be complaining
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bob

Are any journeys on the Chase Line to Cannock 323 operated?

mikestone

21.20 and 21.58 from New St on Saturdays in the latest diagrams I have.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on November 19, 2019, 07:07:47 PM
21.20 and 21.58 from New St on Saturdays in the latest diagrams I have.

So....none for the foreseable future!

Caught the train from Stechford to Marston Green and back earlier this afternoon. Both times it was extermly (and probably dangerously) overcrowded. It was difficult to get on the train, once on the train was rammed and then it was difficult to get off the train again.
A very poor service I think.
Clearly they need to do something, to cope with the volume of passengers using this service. More trains or carriages.
Seems to be the same for every single peak time service, every time I have used this line.
The train I caught back was the 17:49 service from Marston Green to Liverpool Lime Street.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on November 28, 2019, 06:50:20 PM
Caught the train from Stechford to Marston Green and back earlier this afternoon. Both times it was extermly (and probably dangerously) overcrowded. It was difficult to get on the train, once on the train was rammed and then it was difficult to get off the train again.
A very poor service I think.
Clearly they need to do something, to cope with the volume of passengers using this service. More trains or carriages.
Seems to be the same for every single peak time service, every time I have used this line.
The train I caught back was the 17:49 service from Marston Green to Liverpool Lime Street.

I guess it's fortunate that arrival of the Transpennine Express 350/4s are imminent
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Dom

A big change in regards to the RMT WMT strike to come this weekend.

mikestone

In what way - apart from not attempting to run the Marston Vale and Abbey Flyer?
;
Stafford-Nuneaton bus shown serving Rugeley this week - presume lack was an error in previous weeks?

Kevin

Been having a peruse of the new timetables today
So they've admitted there's an issue with all their services coming from London and vowed to address it... And no they've still made it overly complicated with through services everywhere... Haven't learned have they?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on November 28, 2019, 08:44:58 PM
Been having a peruse of the new timetables today
So they've admitted there's an issue with all their services coming from London and vowed to address it... And no they've still made it overly complicated with through services everywhere... Haven't learned have they?

They have done the best they can. They cannot change the base timetable until next May. Not long enough to get the new paths of Network Rail. Changing the xx20 to Rugeley which is the most unreliable service in the whole timetable with the xx.26 to Walsall which is one of the most reliable will make a massive difference

Trident 4194

Shortage of train crew on most trains so lots of cancellations!! Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery

Westy

Didn't one of the predecessors have similar issues when they first started?

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 13, 2019, 03:39:21 PM
Shortage of train crew on most trains so lots of cancellations!! Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery

I went to catch the 17:47 WMR from Yardley Wood to Snow Hill last night, it arrived 3 mins late so I didn't miss it, which was lucky because the next one due at 18:07 was showing as Cancelled.

Quote from: Westy on December 13, 2019, 05:30:58 PM
Didn't one of the predecessors have similar issues when they first started?

London Midland had similar issues as well (not just when they started).

Different name, same problems...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk