News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Northwestern Railway

Started by Stu, December 10, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

One of the  prototype DEMU ex London underground units appears to be working
     the LNWR  link between Bedford and Bletchley as noted at Bletchley @ 09.45am
     on Thursday 24th October. (Unit 230 005) These carriages were  developed
     by Viva rail Ltd, Long Marston,  Warwickshire utilising carriages from
     Ex LUL D78 stock 7066 + 7128   This is the fifth unit in the series
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

mikestone

Nothing else has worked the service since the 150s went to Northern in May.

JoNi

Currently delayed at Crewe driver having personal needs break until 10:47. Train now terminating at Liverpool South Parkway. If u catch another train into Liverpool you will only be charged £3 to travel on the Metro!
Fortunately I've brought my Walrus with me. He's sad because Merseytravel are going to put him down and replace him with a nondescript Metrocard!

Ian Hardy

Quote from: JoNi on October 30, 2019, 10:42:16 AM
Currently delayed at Crewe driver having personal needs break until 10:47. Train now terminating at Liverpool South Parkway. If u catch another train into Liverpool you will only be charged £3 to travel on the Metro!
Fortunately I've brought my Walrus with me. He's sad because Merseytravel are going to put him down and replace him with a nondescript Metrocard!

JoNi, unless you had a LNWR/WMT only ticket then your ticket should have been valid on Merseyrail from Liverpool South Parkway to Liverpool Lime Street Low Level without any extra charge.
Also there were other trains from Liverpool South Parkway to Liverpool Lime Street High Level which departed from pt 2 at 11:21 & 11:25 & 11:46 which should have accepted your ticket as there was disruption without extra charge.

JoNi

Quote from: Ian Hardy on October 30, 2019, 09:40:31 PM
JoNi, unless you had a LNWR/WMT only ticket then your ticket should have been valid on Merseyrail from Liverpool South Parkway to Liverpool Lime Street Low Level without any extra charge.
Also there were other trains from Liverpool South Parkway to Liverpool Lime Street High Level which departed from pt 2 at 11:21 & 11:25 & 11:46 which should have accepted your ticket as there was disruption without extra charge.

I had all Operator return to Lime Street in case there were problems later. Topped up Walrus and bussed to city on Gillmoss Enviro on 82 which turned up straight away! The LNWR train at 18:34 was cancelled from Lime Street. LNWR passengers were advised to catch train to Liverpool South Parkway.....a pacer bound for Manchester Oxford Road.
I caught Virgin train to Stafford. Woman opposite travelling with friends arranged for husband to drive to Crewe to pick them up as there hadn't been a train to Winsford since 3pm allegedly.
People slag Cross Country and Virgin off but they got me home.

JoNi

Another day in Liverpool.
Came up to Brum to catch thru train. Late so caught 09:20 Crewe to Wolves. Liverpool train rolled in only 10 minutes late. Set off "I I'd like to apologise this train will terminate at Crewe today as no senior conductor available. I am unable to advise you on options as control aren't answering the phone when I call them"!

Trident 4194

Quote from: JoNi on November 01, 2019, 10:16:05 AM
Another day in Liverpool.
Came up to Brum to catch thru train. Late so caught 09:20 Crewe to Wolves. Liverpool train rolled in only 10 minutes late. Set off "I I'd like to apologise this train will terminate at Crewe today as no senior conductor available. I am unable to advise you on options as control aren't answering the phone when I call them"!

This franchise is a joke 😂

the trainbasher

Strikes coming from the 16th November every Saturday until new year.

Source: Rail and Maritime Union

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 01, 2019, 03:58:48 PM
Strikes coming from the 16th November every Saturday until new year.

Source: Rail and Maritime Union

Considering strike action came second in the ballot out of three options I find this strange

WMT3000

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 01, 2019, 11:48:52 AM
This franchise is a joke 😂
More cancellations on the Snow Hill lines tonight. Both LNWR and WMR seem to have given up completely. I love it how they've started using the "lack of available train crew" excuse at every opportunity, as if it just happens purely by chance. They're LNWR's employees and LNWR's problem. If the company can' t do something as simple as provide an adequate level of staff, they'll never run a decent service. There is never a contingency, only excuse after excuse. They've totally lost touch with reality. Their staff are generally extremely rude as well. There needs to be a government review into railways in the West Midlands. Passengers are being failed daily by these morons and it needs to stop.

JoNi

Birmingham New Street. Departure screen says Crewe, Staff say Northampton, signal off London end of platform. Guard says first stop Stechford. Driver getting in London end and we're off.
Recorded message "We're sorry if your journey has been delayed today, you can pick up a delay repay form at one of our stations"

Trident 4194

Quote from: WMT3000 on November 02, 2019, 07:54:49 PM
More cancellations on the Snow Hill lines tonight. Both LNWR and WMR seem to have given up completely. I love it how they've started using the "lack of available train crew" excuse at every opportunity, as if it just happens purely by chance. They're LNWR's employees and LNWR's problem. If the company can' t do something as simple as provide an adequate level of staff, they'll never run a decent service. There is never a contingency, only excuse after excuse. They've totally lost touch with reality. Their staff are generally extremely rude as well. There needs to be a government review into railways in the West Midlands. Passengers are being failed daily by these morons and it needs to stop.

I don't quite know how they never seem to have enough staff? Surely that's the most crucial thing in any business. And if they haven't got enough get recruiting or use some agencies if need be!

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 02, 2019, 09:39:50 PM
I don't quite know how they never seem to have enough staff? Surely that's the most crucial thing in any business. And if they haven't got enough get recruiting or use some agencies if need be!
Perhaps you can tell us who these agencies are?

the trainbasher

Quote from: WMT3000 on November 02, 2019, 07:54:49 PMThere needs to be a government review into railways in the West Midlands.

That will never happen under a Tory Government. They would rather sell off things like the railways and the NHS to their fat cat mates instead of organising a review into the complete shockingness of the WM franchise.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

WMT3000

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 02, 2019, 11:06:23 PM
That will never happen under a Tory Government. They would rather sell off things like the railways and the NHS to their fat cat mates instead of organising a review into the complete shockingness of the WM franchise.
Although I dread the thought of Corbyn as pm I have to agree. Labour's policy of re-nationalisation seems the best option at the moment. And I'd include more than just the railways. As you say there's the NHS, but also utilities etc. It seems as though all services are deteriorating and/or becoming more expensive under the current government. The fact that much needed reviews never happen explains how the frankly imbecilic management are able to keep their jobs year after year, franchise after franchise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk