News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

National express Staffordshire

Started by Bob, November 20, 2016, 12:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Shame this will come to nothing I'm sure they would do a great job

The King

I've stated this a few times on this forum... the £4 daysaver in staffordshire would help convince more people to catch the bus instead of driving.

Unfortunately due to Staffordshire having low patronage I cant see it happening unless DB beg NX to take Cannock off their hands.

Bob

Part of the low patronage could be to Arriva's constant messing with the network.  Like the disaster of a network review that trashed their alleged Sapphire services reduced frequency and made the 1 much slower. That and the other routes which were subsequently reversed. How many other network reviews have had that outcome?  That and having new buses launched with loads of publicity then moving them on and replacing with sheds. Doesn't give a good image

Westy

Didn't the local councillors have a moan?

What was the outcome of that?

GeminiFan1991

Assuming this did go ahead or some preliminary plans were already in place but would a new depot in Staffordshire be opened or have routes running from WA & WN ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stu

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on November 20, 2016, 05:27:42 PM
Assuming this did go ahead or some preliminary plans were already in place but would a new depot in Staffordshire be opened or have routes running from WA & WN ?

It is not going to happen, so speculating is pointless.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Yea cannock is in a massive decline and arriva are just managing it

Westy

Quote from: Bob on November 20, 2016, 06:24:51 PM
Yea cannock is in a massive decline and arriva are just managing it

And not giving a four x about it, it appears.

The King

Quote from: Westy on November 20, 2016, 09:11:24 PM
And not giving a four x about it, it appears.

I think that's down to the poor management of Mr Chevaux and the Penny pinching of Dave Brent which to his credit is a good move but leaves Arriva removing the newer fleet from Cannock and replacing them with Optare solo's.

pb2012

I'm sure if a rival company makes a decent offer they would consider selling?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk