News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM in Kidderminster.....

Started by Will, February 16, 2016, 07:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiptonian

Hartshill garage operated the X92 Birmingham to Ludlow and Hereford on Sundays from August bank holiday 1986 for a short while (can't remember how long), using at various times C-reg Leyland Lynx, Leyland National DPs, and Metrobus "Timesaver" DPs. They also ran a Stourbridge to Stourport for one season (can't remember route number).

fleetline6477

Could it have been route training for a Rail replacement?

ARBB

Could it have been the one that went to Kidderminster for the photo of the ex bus driver from the Birmingham bombings ?

winston

Quote from: pndriver on February 16, 2016, 10:26:53 PM
Could it have been the one that went to Kidderminster for the photo of the ex bus driver from the Birmingham bombings ?

That thought did cross my mind, there's a link in the Pensnett thread somewhere I posted, but I assumed it was sighted today?

There's a post on midlandred.net regarding NXWM's Streetdeck, so there's something doing the rounds.....

I've heard a rumour they plan to use them on the 192...

http://www.midlandred.net/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1435503755/s-225/

ARBB

Quote from: Winston on February 16, 2016, 10:38:57 PM
That thought did cross my mind, there's a link in the Pensnett thread somewhere I posted, but I assumed it was sighted today?

There's a post on midlandred.net regarding NXWM's Streetdeck, so there's something doing the rounds.....

I've heard a rumour they plan to use them on the 192...

http://www.midlandred.net/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1435503755/s-225/

I've not heard about 192 at all, none of our drivers have been for a ride to Kidderminster either.

Now the streetdeck ('s) I've heard about that but that's a secret

winston

Quote from: pndriver on February 16, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
I've not heard about 192 at all, none of our drivers have been for a ride to Kidderminster either.

Now the streetdeck ('s) I've heard about that but that's a secret

Re: probably Chinese whispers... on the back of the negative press comments regarding WCC tenders & Diamond etc. Why would anyone put a DD on the 192 when you're lucky to fill an MPD on the majority of trips

ARBB

Quote from: Winston on February 16, 2016, 10:50:45 PM
Re: probably Chinese whispers... on the back of the negative press comments regarding WCC tenders & Diamond etc. Why would anyone put a DD on the 192 when you're lucky to fill an MPD on the majority of trips

A diamond driver has told me Centro have told them not to bid for any routes too. I'd take it with a pinch of salt though....... Some drivers are full of crap

winston

Quote from: pndriver on February 16, 2016, 10:53:28 PM
A diamond driver has told me Centro have told them not to bid for any routes too. I'd take it with a pinch of salt though....... Some drivers are full of crap

Even the ban from WCC I would have my doubts about, who else is going to replace their tendered routes, Diamond have probably helped reduce WCC's tender bill. They may well have threatened stripping them of their contracts to improve their services/reliability, whether they would actually carry through the threat is another matter, it would more than likely cost WCC more.

If WCC work in a similar way to Centro,  if terminated for poor performance, the outgoing operator is liable for the cost of retendering.

winston

Quote from: 646 on February 17, 2016, 01:09:16 PM
If WCC work in a similar way to Centro,  if terminated for poor performance, the outgoing operator is liable for the cost of retendering.

I wasn't referring so much as the cost of re-tendering, more the future tender costs. Obviously if First were to takeover some of the routes, their overheads are far more than Diamond's etc. Plus if Diamond are removed from the process, there's also less competition

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2016, 01:31:21 PM
I wasn't referring so much as the cost of re-tendering, more the future tender costs. Obviously if First were to takeover some of the routes, their overheads are far more than Diamond's etc. Plus if Diamond are removed from the process, there's also less competition
I don't think First would want any of Diamonds routes though, except possibly the Kidderminster - Worcester routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on February 17, 2016, 01:42:19 PM
I don't think First would want any of Diamonds routes though, except possibly the Kidderminster - Worcester routes.

Exactly my point, if not First who else is there to take them over if they were stripped from Diamond. The 303 is commercial anyway

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2016, 01:44:38 PM
Exactly my point, if not First who else is there to take them over if they were stripped from Diamond. The 303 is commercial anyway
Igo could possibly get some of the WCC tendered routes
Though I don't anyone else would want them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2016, 01:31:21 PM

I was referring to the cost of the new tender.

winston

Quote from: 646 on February 17, 2016, 02:05:57 PM
I was referring to the cost of the new tender.

Fair enough, I took it you meant the cost for re-tendering process rather than cost of the actual new tenders. To be fair in the long run WCC & Diamond would be better working together rather than going down that route, with Diamond being main supplier of contracted services in that part of WCC.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk