News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Yorkshire

Started by BK63 YWP, February 06, 2016, 03:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Been in yorkshire past few days, got to say i am impressed with the service they provide in West/South Yorkshire. Day Ticket is £4.70 or £5.50 (valid on first/stagecoach/tates travel/b l travel etc) which is cheap for travel within 2 counties.

Very modern fleet of bus including Sapphire 110, Max routes (yoo many to count) Arriva Midlands could do Max on a few routes around their operations. They have a few Optare Spectras, Pulsars, Tempos, E200 (MAX)/E400, Commanders, Hybrid B5s, Geminis 2 (MAX).
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

Are the cheap fares and multi operator tickets to do with them being PTE areas? Staffordshire has a completely disinterested County Council

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Bob on February 06, 2016, 03:24:48 PM
Are the cheap fares and multi operator tickets to do with them being PTE areas? Staffordshire has a completely disinterested County Council

Metro (West Yorkshire's version of Centro) provides the multi ticket, there a train/bus one at £8 and they do a m weekender on buses for £8 valid from 6pm Friday Night to midnight sunday night. Which im surprise centro hasn't thought of implementing that in the midlands

X10 Gornal Wood

leepenfold30

That's cheap £4.70 day ticket The Midlands one £1.50 more at £6.20

BK63 YWP

Quote from: leepenfold30 on February 06, 2016, 05:24:29 PM
That's cheap £4.70 day ticket The Midlands one £1.50 more at £6.20

N network is £6.20 and west Yorkshire is m train/bus is £8 but West Yorkshires a bit bigger than the west mids, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax and Huddersfield. I even went on the 36 redefining riding harrogate bus and well... alot posher than nx platinum.

X10 Gornal Wood

T840MAK

Quote from: Chris on February 06, 2016, 03:19:34 PM
Been in yorkshire past few days, got to say i am impressed with the service they provide in West/South Yorkshire. Day Ticket is £4.70 or £5.50 (valid on first/stagecoach/tates travel/b l travel etc) which is cheap for travel within 2 counties.

Very modern fleet of bus including Sapphire 110, Max routes (yoo many to count) Arriva Midlands could do Max on a few routes around their operations. They have a few Optare Spectras, Pulsars, Tempos, E200 (MAX)/E400, Commanders, Hybrid B5s, Geminis 2 (MAX).
The £5.50 day ticket isn't valid full route on the 193-196 and the 405-408 routes into Barnsley and Doncaster though with it being a Metro day ticket, only valid across West Yorkshire.
Also worth mentioning that the £4.70 day ticket isn't as good value as it seems for two counties when Arriva only operate in West Yorkshire with a sprinkling of routes into South Yorkshire where the ticket is also valid to, so before you start mentioning about the Midlands one being more expensive, bear that in mind ;)
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

BK63 YWP

@T840MAK i thought it was good value for where i had to go but the fastest bus to Bradford from Leeds was a First X6 so got the WY metro ticket. Quick question does the £4.70 ticket arrivas own valid on Yorkshire Tiger and im quite surprised First Leeds haven't got any E400mmcs or Streetdecks atm?

I like the Sapphire 110 but noticed during peaks they seem to travel in batchs especially around the Kettlethorpe/Hall Green part. In 20 mins i saw a combination of 5 110s going towards there and only 2 Leeds ones.

X10 Gornal Wood

Ashley 60171

Quote from: T840MAK on February 07, 2016, 06:08:45 PM
The £5.50 day ticket isn't valid full route on the 193-196 and the 405-408 routes into Barnsley and Doncaster though with it being a Metro day ticket, only valid across West Yorkshire.
Also worth mentioning that the £4.70 day ticket isn't as good value as it seems for two counties when Arriva only operate in West Yorkshire with a sprinkling of routes into South Yorkshire where the ticket is also valid to, so before you start mentioning about the Midlands one being more expensive, bear that in mind ;)

Yes Tom good point! Arriva Midlands serve 8 counties in 2 countries which most people forget or aren't aware of!

The possible reason for no new deckers at First in Leeds could be to do with the shed loads of investment they've had from the Olympics and Commonwealth Games fleets plus other stuff the last three years so current investment is going where less has been made in recent times

BK63 YWP

I have never used Arriva Midlands much as i live in Stourbridge and the only routes they do here is 142/257. I would like to see how far i can go on a Arriva Midland day ticket if any ones offering to join me. I actually like using Arriva Yorkshire tho. 496/497 i used the most. It seemed Pulsar allocated mainly but with the odd gemini or spectre appearing (maybe to help with peak loadings)

X10 Gornal Wood

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Chris on February 07, 2016, 08:11:27 PM
I have never used Arriva Midlands much as i live in Stourbridge and the only routes they do here is 142/257. I would like to see how far i can go on a Arriva Midland day ticket if any ones offering to join me. I actually like using Arriva Yorkshire tho. 496/497 i used the most. It seemed Pulsar allocated mainly but with the odd gemini or spectre appearing (maybe to help with peak loadings)

Furthest west you can go is Wrexham, furthest east is Market Harborough.

Pulsars are good, Spectras are technically a treat but we have DLA's in the Midlands which are better.

Until now I've only used 4 Arriva Yorkshire buses within the South Yorkshire Travelmaster ticket zone.

T840MAK

Quote from: Chris on February 07, 2016, 06:30:40 PM
@T840MAK i thought it was good value for where i had to go but the fastest bus to Bradford from Leeds was a First X6 so got the WY metro ticket. Quick question does the £4.70 ticket arrivas own valid on Yorkshire Tiger and im quite surprised First Leeds haven't got any E400mmcs or Streetdecks atm?

I like the Sapphire 110 but noticed during peaks they seem to travel in batchs especially around the Kettlethorpe/Hall Green part. In 20 mins i saw a combination of 5 110s going towards there and only 2 Leeds ones.

First Leeds had a huge investment period after the Olympic games where they got almost 100 brand new deckers which is the reason why they're currently Streetdeck free. £4.70 for the entire WY area is rather good value especially when you consider you can use the full route on services into South Yorkshire, maybe I worded that bit wrong. The £4.70 ticket doesn't include Yorkshire Tiger to the best of my knowledge, you need a £5.50 Metro ticket for that.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

BK63 YWP

Quote from: T840MAK on February 07, 2016, 10:43:12 PM
First Leeds had a huge investment period after the Olympic games where they got almost 100 brand new deckers which is the reason why they're currently Streetdeck free. £4.70 for the entire WY area is rather good value especially when you consider you can use the full route on services into South Yorkshire, maybe I worded that bit wrong. The £4.70 ticket doesn't include Yorkshire Tiger to the best of my knowledge, you need a £5.50 Metro ticket for that.

I think its weird they are owned by Arriva... i think the 4.70 was good value and wy day ticket. I like first geminis on X6 though they sound alot different to nx gems. I will going up there again end of month hopefully. This time doing fitzwilliam to wakey to Huddersfield/halifax

X10 Gornal Wood

CRP2012

Quote from: Chris on February 07, 2016, 10:55:04 PM
I think its weird they are owned by Arriva... i think the 4.70 was good value and wy day ticket. I like first geminis on X6 though they sound alot different to nx gems. I will going up there again end of month hopefully. This time doing fitzwilliam to wakey to Huddersfield/halifax

The Geminis on X6 Are (95% of time) B9TLs Whilst NX only have B7TLs

Its a shame the MetroMaster ticket (Any Bus in West & South Yorkshire) is only available monthly

T840MAK

FWY has a mix of both B7 Geminis like NX's and B9 Geminis, including the newer styling. IIRC the B7TLs like NX's generally get stuck onto the Calder Valley routes (503 etc) whilst the B9TLs do stuff like X6, X63 and then both do Leeds locals.
The Arriva Olympuses (not sure what routes they do now the 202/203 has been converted to MAX Enviro400s) are also B9TLs like the Gemini you would have got.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk