News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Incorrect Bus Stop Information

Started by Adam 404, October 14, 2015, 06:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

I don't know if this is the app or the bus stop exactly but the live times on stop BS8 do not reflect what the app says anymore. Which is wrong?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

sonic84

The new stops on Highfield Lane for the 24 do not show the 10H and 10S

Sh4318

Whilst not technically "incorrect", the bus stop at the Merrivale (Langley) towards Oldbury/West Bromwich shows the 12 & 13 on the same timetable, as if to say they follow the same route to Oldbury. When in actual fact, the 12 goes via The Crosswells/Langley Primary School, and the 13 via Tat Bank Road to get to Oldbury
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 09, 2018, 11:43:33 PM
Whilst not technically "incorrect", the bus stop at the Merrivale (Langley) towards Oldbury/West Bromwich shows the 12 & 13 on the same timetable, as if to say they follow the same route to Oldbury. When in actual fact, the 12 goes via The Crosswells/Langley Primary School, and the 13 via Tat Bank Road to get to Oldbury

I've noticed a fair few instances of this elsewhere, can't think of any of the top of my head, but where multiple routes go the same general direction they seem to be grouping them together on the timetable more, makes a lot of sense to me
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Smethwickian

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2018, 08:29:25 AM
I've noticed a fair few instances of this elsewhere, can't think of any of the top of my head, but where multiple routes go the same general direction they seem to be grouping them together on the timetable more, makes a lot of sense to me
The problem with the example quoted above, of the 12 and 13, is that they take a different route along the way, and are identified in the list of departure times by colour - not something necessarily easy to distinguish in poor light, or if the print has faded, or if one has less than perfect vision.

Sh4318

The Birmingham-bound bus stop on Bristnall Hall Road (Bristnall Hall Lane) still has a blue flag, and shows the 48A & 128, rather than the 13 & 48A

Quote from: Smethwickian on November 10, 2018, 08:37:00 AM
The problem with the example quoted above, of the 12 and 13, is that they take a different route along the way, and are identified in the list of departure times by colour - not something necessarily easy to distinguish in poor light, or if the print has faded, or if one has less than perfect vision.

Agreed. I think it would be ok if the differences between the two routes were explained, but they're not, so it can be seen as misleading
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Westy

Are 'faded signs allowed?

If so, the 18 stop outside YW garage needs replacing, I noticed yesterday.

DJ

Stop nwmajtmp on the A41 still has '37' on the sign, rather than 4 and 4A.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack6101

Cinder bank island Dudley on blowers green road still has 243 on the flag
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stu

Quote from: StourValley98 on November 12, 2018, 07:47:49 AM
Stop nwmajtmp on the A41 still has '37' on the sign, rather than 4 and 4A.

If that's one of the 'trial' electronic flags, then yes, they were never updated. Can't remember if I ever reported those to Network West Midlands or not!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Quote from: Stu on November 12, 2018, 06:21:15 PM
If that's one of the 'trial' electronic flags, then yes, they were never updated. Can't remember if I ever reported those to Network West Midlands or not!

I'm pretty sure it's one with the electronic bit on one side and actual numbers on the other, but I could be wrong.

CL

Quote from: Stu on November 12, 2018, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: StourValley98 on November 15, 2018, 12:19:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it's one with the electronic bit on one side and actual numbers on the other, but I could be wrong.
Couple of those examples still mention the 83 along Dudley Road! (last time I checked)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

Quote from: CL on November 15, 2018, 02:32:49 PM
Couple of those examples still mention the 83 along Dudley Road! (last time I checked)
The one on Trouse Lane in Wednesbury still has 38 and 313 (I think) on it, the 38 definitely is.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on November 15, 2018, 04:18:52 PM
The one on Trouse Lane in Wednesbury still has 38 and 313 (I think) on it, the 38 definitely is.

It still had the 313 on there as of August this year according to Street View. It would've been sorta accurate for a time since Thandi did operate a 313 I guess, but it would've been missing the 13 at the time, and now the 11A.

Jack

The shelter on Kingstanding Circle is still missing its flag.

The stop on Haddon Road stop on Thornbridge Avenue says "towards Great Barr" instead of "Both Directions".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk