News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM App & Website Review

Started by GeminiFan1991, August 01, 2015, 08:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

This thread is for discussion regarding the NXWM app and also their website. I'd like not to pollute other threads with this topic so I thought I'll create a dedicated thread so myself and others can share their views and opinions.

I don't use the app during the day as that's when the buses run on a somewhat frequent schedule but during the early mornings or after evenings I use the app and for what it's worth, it does it's job well I've found. It's timings I've found to be reliable. My improvements would be in the "My Stops" section of the app, those stops which I've saved are saved via their road name. Whilst this is obviously logical, I just wish you could differentiate between them, I.e. I catch the 11A/C and I have my closest two stops (In both directions saved) and they come under the same, I wish it was different (Like "Westley Road - 11A"). I also wish you could search the app for routes and it has some kind of "Route Planning" feature.

As for the website, I've personally found it to be a great aid, especially when it comes to learning routes, which route goes where, it's frequency and which garage it emanates from.

Feel free to add your views & opinions. 
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

The NX website says BC run the 55/A and PB run the 70, so I do not think it is good for learning witch routes are operated out of wich garage as you say the website definitely needs updating.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: 2206 on August 01, 2015, 09:18:50 PM
The NX website says BC run the 55/A and PB run the 70, so I do not think it is good for learning witch routes are operated out of wich garage as you say the website definitely needs updating.

I understand it ain't perfect but all the which routes goes to which garage information I've ever ascertained has come from their website. It definitely needs updating as yourself said.   

CL

I've noticed, on the app store, the NXWM app has another screenshot showing NXC, which, personally, should have either:
1) It's own app
2) A merged NXBus apl
3) A "toggle" in the original NX app, which can alternate between WM and Coventry Services

- as, during a recent trip to Coventry, my friend's android phone had updated it automatically, whereas my iPhone was still had the WM version in place.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: clayderman on August 01, 2015, 10:13:27 PM
I've noticed, on the app store, the NXWM app has another screenshot showing NXC, which, personally, should have either:
1) It's own app
2) A merged NXBus apl
3) A "toggle" in the original NX app, which can alternate between WM and Coventry Services

- as, during a recent trip to Coventry, my friend's android phone had updated it automatically, whereas my iPhone was still had the WM version in place.

That's 1 thing I've always wondered, how does 1 get the Coventry version. 

I personally think the app should have the same map view present on the website when it shows routes. It's quite helpful.

Westy

Comes in useful while waiting for a bus home!

domino.99

I think the idea arriva have with the "seeing where the bus is" would be good If implemented cause it can show how and where the bus has lost time.

TT90

I seem to have the same problem with my Iphone, when in NXWM area the phones uses the red app. When I arrive in Coventry and even though my location services are on, the app still used the red app and won't change to NXC
I've even tried deleting the app whilst in NXC area and when re-installed it still downloads the red app !
Is this an issue with the Iphone ?
Anybody have any ideas ?

Dom

Quote from: TT90 on September 11, 2016, 02:30:16 PM
I seem to have the same problem with my Iphone, when in NXWM area the phones uses the red app. When I arrive in Coventry and even though my location services are on, the app still used the red app and won't change to NXC
I've even tried deleting the app whilst in NXC area and when re-installed it still downloads the red app !
Is this an issue with the Iphone ?
Anybody have any ideas ?

I had the same issue until my most recent visit to Coventry when it changed to the blue colour scheme. Although I use a Sony Xperia Z5, to be honest it doesn't make any difference which colour it is.

TT90

It's just good to see NXC service alerts, Diversions and price info etc on the NXC app when there.
Just wondered if it was an app software or developer issue with the Iphone that's all.

Sh4318

The website looks very unfinished, there's a lot of issues from the bets that have not been solved. Aesthetically, it looks very good, but the feel of the website doesn't seem to have the user at heart (or at least it doesn't to me)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

GeminiFan1991

A good addition of the app is the new journey planner. Comes in useful

JoNi

The Arriva app by its nature is about quarter of a mile behind behind where the vehicle is in real time, where the NX app showing "due in 2 minutes" allows you to learn how long it take to turn up at the stop with sufficient time whatever the traffic conditions.

Dom

I'd love to see vehicle tracking. So you can actually see where the bus is. Nothing detailed like about fleetnumber or whatever. Just route and destination.

CL

Been meaning to add to this thread.

Birmingham City Centre stop SH6 (Livery Street) has disappeared? It doesn't register on the app since I've updated it. It's also gone from UK Bus Checker as well. Error message appears in its place.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk