News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Bus Driving Job

Started by GeminiFan1991, June 01, 2015, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

I've been an enthusiast for a quite a while and I must thank Tony & Co for this website/ forum as it allows for bus enthusiasts to converse with everyone plus my personal friends aren't exactly big bus fans themselves so it's nice to talk and gain knowledge on the subject.

I've dabbled with the idea of becoming a driver for a while as I always try to stand by the driver and see how they drive the bus and think it'll be nice if that was me. However from the many experienced drivers present on this forum, I was wondering what are your lot take on it ?! Personally I've yet to obtain a proper drivers license (Process of doing so) but I like to make sure what I'm getting myself into.

Are the hours flexible ?! Is it strictly full time ?!

Thanks All !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

If anyone wants a real job driving at NXWM, not a fantasy one, and has a current car driving license, come down to Acocks Green garage on Saturday where they are holding a recruitment day, you can be assessed, do the entrance test, and possibly even be offered training the same day!

I am going to be one of the people you can talk to about working for NX.

This is NOT a garage open day or meant for enthusiasts, and only for people actually interested in a driving job, so don't bother coming in just to ask enthusiast questions, but if you do actually want a job... come on down

GeminiFan1991

I don't have a drivers license (yet) but will I still be able to come along ?! I'd be happy to ask questions regarding the job and so forth.

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on June 01, 2015, 09:08:13 PM
I don't have a drivers license (yet) but will I still be able to come along ?! I'd be happy to ask questions regarding the job and so forth.

If they are serious job questions then I suspect they will be answered

Ronnoc

Quote from: BusFan on June 01, 2015, 08:55:30 PM
I've been an enthusiast for a quite a while and I must thank Tony & Co for this website/ forum as it allows for bus enthusiasts to converse with everyone plus my personal friends aren't exactly big bus fans themselves so it's nice to talk and gain knowledge on the subject.

I've dabbled with the idea of becoming a driver for a while as I always try to stand by the driver and see how they drive the bus and think it'll be nice if that was me. However from the many experienced drivers present on this forum, I was wondering what are your lot take on it ?! Personally I've yet to obtain a proper drivers license (Process of doing so) but I like to make sure what I'm getting myself into.

Are the hours flexible ?! Is it strictly full time ?!

Thanks All !
Same with me! Me and my friend (demonstrator4698 on Youtube) have talking to drivers and looking at how the driver does his job. I'd like bus driving to be my 'retirement' job or something.

GeminiFan1991

Thanks Tony, hope to see you there

I've chat to many drivers and before I head to uni tomorrow, I'll be heading to Colmore Row were I'll get my camera out and hopefully chat to some drivers there as well ! Some drivers make it look easy although I take it that comes with the experience they gain.

Tony

GeminiFan1991

Tony, are on the link you provided, it asks for 4 pieces of documentation, minus the important license  ( :( ) I can produce the other 3, is it worth to bring them along ?! I'd rather be safe than sorry !

Tony

Quote from: BusFan on June 01, 2015, 09:47:28 PM
Tony, are on the link you provided, it asks for 4 pieces of documentation, minus the important license  ( :( ) I can produce the other 3, is it worth to bring them along ?! I'd rather be safe than sorry !

AS you cannot be offered a job, as you haven't got the car license you would certainly not be asked to show any other!

Oozells

Take your paper counterpart for its final trip out, as you can bin it on the Monday. No more scrappy piece of paper! :D If you can ever find it!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on June 04, 2015, 10:41:03 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport-news/2015/06/04/national-express-west-midlands-on-hunt-for-150-new-bus-drivers/

Notice the classic E&S photo used in every NX related article for the past 593 years

How many more times are the E & S going to use that photo?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tara4352

Can enthuiasts come as a worker for that garage said they can but on the cordoned off area

Tony

Quote from: Rhys S on June 05, 2015, 10:27:18 PM
Can enthuiasts come as a worker for that garage said they can but on the cordoned off area

Probably not welcome, It is a recruitment day for people interested in jobs

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2015, 10:39:11 PM
Probably not welcome, It is a recruitment day for people interested in jobs

@Rhys S it would be the equilvelent of you hanging round the job centre! Its not an enthusiast day, its for people who actually want a real job, not a fantasy one ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk