News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Group New Vehicle Order 2015/16

Started by winston, May 29, 2015, 09:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry619

There is little concrete info as to where the order is actually going, bar 32x StreetDeck for Rotherham, the two virtual electric E400s to Glasgow and the five flywheel E400s to Stirling.

The remainder of the StreetDecks are supposedly for Bristol and there are various other releases detailing 'X new buses for Aberdeen' and such, along with forum postings, but First has not put anything out detailing where everything is going. However, the initial release and the quote from Giles Fearnley suggests that not all of its business units will receive new buses.

T840MAK

Quote from: barry619 on June 01, 2015, 08:50:35 AM
There is little concrete info as to where the order is actually going, bar 32x StreetDeck for Rotherham, the two virtual electric E400s to Glasgow and the five flywheel E400s to Stirling.

There's only 22 Streetdecks for Rotherham, for the re-branding of the X78 route.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Roy

Quote from: barry619 on June 01, 2015, 08:50:35 AM

The 2 virtual electric buses are for Bristol as per the First press release which reads :-
Amongst the First Bus order are:
·        Two 'virtual electric' (part hybrid, part electric) buses, which will enter service in Bristol from December as part of FirstGroup's support of Bristol Green Capital.
·        Five double deck buses, scheduled to operate in Stirling, will be fitted with flywheel technology originating from Formula 1.  The technology is designed to recapture energy that would otherwise be lost during braking so it can later be used to help accelerate the bus and save fuel.   

Reece

But nothing for First Worcester to replace there ageing Plaxton Presidents that range from T reg - 51 reg and then places like First Sheffield are scraping 02 reg Presidents?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Reece on June 01, 2015, 12:53:37 PM
But nothing for First Worcester to replace there ageing Plaxton Presidents that range from T reg - 51 reg and then places like First Sheffield are scraping 02 reg Presidents?

Sheffield aren't scraping Presidents, one was scrapped with fire damage. Others have been transferred out. Both the Tridents and B7TL's are limited to certain routes because of unreliability and terrain. The Tridents only come out monday to Friday mostly, Saturdays as a last resort.

The plan is to get rid of most of the above when the Streetdecks come.

T840MAK

Quote from: Reece on June 01, 2015, 12:53:37 PM
Quote from: Ashley 60171 on June 01, 2015, 01:18:31 PM
Sheffield aren't scraping Presidents, one was scrapped with fire damage. Others have been transferred out. Both the Tridents and B7TL's are limited to certain routes because of unreliability and terrain. The Tridents only come out monday to Friday mostly, Saturdays as a last resort.

The plan is to get rid of most of the above when the Streetdecks come.

Let's just confirm something here - the only President that we've scrapped in Sheffield was 33123 LT02NVK. This was because it caught fire and had been robbed for spares. Prior to it's departure to Barnsley, it donated it's rear to accident damaged 33052 LN51GKJ. We've not scrapped any others, have no plans to scrap any others. Some of them have transferred elsewhere, there's some that have transferred to Glasgow and others that have gone to Bristol (or at least somewhere down south) as we're trying to get rid of them.

The Streetdecks for the X78 will displace the B9 Geminis...10 are staying in Rotherham for the 1/2 Rotherham - Maltby, displacing the ALX400s. The main focus at this point is for the Streetdecks to displace vehicles to replace the B10BLEs which must be replaced by the end of the year as they are NOT DDA compliant. There's talk of Sheffield's 8 Y-reg BLEs to recieve DDA mods - how true this is I'm not sure but it's definitely feasable considering that 22 Streetdecks cannot displace enough vehicles to get rid of 30 odd - unless we're also due some Streetlites.

The replacement of some of the Tridents which have transferred away has been helped by Doncaster having a PVR decrease, meaning that some of their ALX400s have transferred to Sheffield.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

Reece

Quote from: T840MAK on June 01, 2015, 04:45:57 PM
Let's just confirm something here - the only President that we've scrapped in Sheffield was 33123 LT02NVK. This was because it caught fire and had been robbed for spares. Prior to it's departure to Barnsley, it donated it's rear to accident damaged 33052 LN51GKJ. We've not scrapped any others, have no plans to scrap any others. Some of them have transferred elsewhere, there's some that have transferred to Glasgow and others that have gone to Bristol (or at least somewhere down south) as we're trying to get rid of them.

The Streetdecks for the X78 will displace the B9 Geminis...10 are staying in Rotherham for the 1/2 Rotherham - Maltby, displacing the ALX400s. The main focus at this point is for the Streetdecks to displace vehicles to replace the B10BLEs which must be replaced by the end of the year as they are NOT DDA compliant. There's talk of Sheffield's 8 Y-reg BLEs to recieve DDA mods - how true this is I'm not sure but it's definitely feasable considering that 22 Streetdecks cannot displace enough vehicles to get rid of 30 odd - unless we're also due some Streetlites.

The replacement of some of the Tridents which have transferred away has been helped by Doncaster having a PVR decrease, meaning that some of their ALX400s have transferred to Sheffield.
So I take that as a no then to First Worcester getting some new Deckers then this year any chance of some new single Deckers then? Also any chance of the 54 reg ALX400s at Worcester getting a repaint and Retrim any time soon?

Ashley 60171

All the same it's become a slate First off thread.

Once again theres a comparison to NX Group

If its not Crimson or Platinum, why does it get a pasting on here?

Reece

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on June 01, 2015, 05:35:15 PM

I am not talking about NXWM ALX400s I am talking about First Worcester ALX400s which are as follows 33401, 33402, 33403, 33404 and 33405.

Ashley 60171

@Reece

I wasn't referring to your post. I am fully awake of the First Wyvern fleet.

Leicester are to get 9x 11.5 Streetlites and 9x Streetdecks (2 of those may come to Wyvern)

T840MAK

Quote from: Reece on June 01, 2015, 05:01:33 PM
So I take that as a no then to First Worcester getting some new Deckers then this year any chance of some new single Deckers then? Also any chance of the 54 reg ALX400s at Worcester getting a repaint and Retrim any time soon?

I can't see why you're asking me. I've not seen where anything's going, I've not been to Worcester either and I don't know what their fleet's like. I can only say wait and see for the list of what's going where.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

DD12

Quote from: Reece on June 01, 2015, 05:01:33 PM

REECE - I like your post   -
I would love to see NEW deckers allocated to Worcester, but I don't think it's very likely  -
the last time that happened was 47 years ago ! (6092-6096 LHA592-596F)
(Ignoring one delivered to Astons in 2000).

I saw some of 33401-33405 delivered new  - to the Worcester parking area in 2004 when the "Wyvern" head office  was still at Heron Lodge, but I didn't get excited because I guessed they'd be for Redditch !

I too would like them to be repainted and re-trimmed  - First managed to keep them looking smart for their first 8ish years,  but they need a bit of t.l.c. now.

winston

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on June 01, 2015, 05:35:15 PM

Do you ever stop moaning?

The First Group order is pathetic considering the number of elderly vehicles that still need replacing that are non DDA, step entrance. There is a large concentration of buses that date between 1998-2000 when First were ordering massive quantities.

the trainbasher

@Winston, from what @Ashley 60171 was saying, he wasn't moaning about First, he was saying that people were moaning about them!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 01, 2015, 09:16:17 PM
@Winston, from what @Ashley 60171 was saying, he wasn't moaning about First, he was saying that people were moaning about them!

Point out the obvious! We're all entitled to our opinions whether Ashley agree's with it or not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk