News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pacer Replacements?

Started by the trainbasher, April 01, 2015, 11:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

QuoteRail technology leader Bombardier Transportation, has signed contracts with both the Northern Rail for the delivery of 112 FLEXITY light rail vehicles in total. The contract with Northern is valued at approximately 127 million GBP.

The light rail vehicles to be built for Northern Rail will replace the TOCs existing fleet of Pacers and be manufactured at Bombardier sites in Germany. They are scheduled for delivery between 2020 to 2021.

Reid Aftermarch, CTO, Northern Rail said, "The contract has been awarded based on the most economical offer. Particularly worth mentioning are the low lifecycle costs and easy maintainability. We are convinced to have chosen the most cost efficient and cost effective solution."

The FLEXITY light rail vehicles are 28 meters long, feature generous passageways, and spacious multi-purpose areas. To date, more than 550 FLEXITY light rail vehicles of this particular type have been sold and this innovative vehicle is already in revenue service in Bursa Turkey, the German cities Cologne and Frankfurt as well as in Manchester, UK.

Worldwide, Bombardier now has more than 4,000 trams and light rail vehicles in successful revenue service, or on order. This, however will be the first replacement for an actual Heavy Rail vehicle

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Isle of Stroma

Strangely, another imitation forum is yet to be plagued by lame April fool jokes.

& on that bombshell.....

the trainbasher

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on April 01, 2015, 12:15:37 PM
Strangely, another imitation forum is yet to be plagued by lame April fool jokes.

& on that bombshell.....

Please explain As I'm intrigued to know what you mean by "imitation forum?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk