News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus North West

Started by Tony, March 01, 2015, 08:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

winston

The Scania/East Lancs Esteem scrub up pretty well in new Diamond livery (30918 here):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/49136251611/in/dateposted/

njlawley

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 26, 2019, 02:08:20 PM
Can anyone explain why DBNW don't amend the VH1 and VH2 so that they can run a figure of 8 of Walkden and Boothstown on a 30 minute frequency (Each way so 15 mins combined). The current situation means the VH1 is basically just linking people into Boothstown to change buses and the VH2 links that housing development into Walkden. If the VH1 and VH2 were combined, they could link Boothstown and Walkden making more sense. You are almost guaranteed to get more passengers running the suggested way compared to the 2 very small circulars which look as if they run around empty all day.

They are run using S106 housing development funding, private contracts (I think) for Bellway Homes. The VH1 was specifically designed to link the development with the Busway, hence why it runs over to Mosley Common as passengers can transfer at Newearth Road.

Steveminor

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 04, 2020, 05:59:19 PM
It was 30004 on the 575.
I must be doing something wrong I havent been on one that has exploded into a fireball since 2017 oddly at least Diamomd North West are keeping up the tradition

andy41

Quote from: Winston on January 04, 2020, 05:59:19 PM
It was 30004 on the 575.

Interesting that nobody takes the trouble to come on here and spoon feed us links to the various similar incidents involving NX in recent years.

winston

Quote from: andy41 on January 05, 2020, 01:53:11 PM
Interesting that nobody takes the trouble to come on here and spoon feed us links to the various similar incidents involving NX in recent years.

There's been plenty of comments about PN Merc 0405's combusting.... the Tridents that were on fire last year were all reported with links. You're clearly not looking in the right places .....

Tony

Quote from: Winston on January 05, 2020, 02:20:42 PM
There's been plenty of comments about PN Merc 0405's combusting.... the Tridents that were on fire last year were all reported with links. You're clearly not looking in the right places .....

NX have had 5 fires in the last 12 months. Three Arson attacks on Tridents (1-YW, 2-BC), One arson attack on an E400MMC (AG) and one coach after a car drove into in in Battersea. All 5 have been mentioned and linked.

andy41

Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2020, 02:40:22 PM
NX have had 5 fires in the last 12 months. Three Arson attacks on Tridents (1-YW, 2-BC), One arson attack on an E400MMC (AG) and one coach after a car drove into in in Battersea. All 5 have been mentioned and linked.

I remember Volvo SD in Coventry a couple of years back and a Trident in Dudley just off the top of my head. Seem to remember a decker in Coventry too. None of them arson.

I was just noting that it was interesting how there was no helpful link to the news article with accompanying 'oops'

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony link=topic=3618.msg271776#msg271776  date=1578235222
Isn't this way off topic I am not aware West Midlands Travel Limited operate bus services in Bolton? I am the king of Diamond Bus fires and are very proud of the 3 I have been on they all ended up totally destroyed but went out in style well the style of Diamond Bus Limited thanks to Diamonds Bus excellent Health & Safety training we were all evacuated from the burning buses professionally by the driver. Thursdays B7 fire was good for the people of the North West to experience the excellent health and safety procedures Diamond Bus operate which we know so well in the West Midlands is second to none, the driver evacuated the bus excellently and should be congratulated for his actions. One would hope West Midlands Travel Limited have similar procedures for their many many fires last year outlined by @Tony but aren't the above posts supposed to be posted under "National Express West Midlands" and not the excellent" Diamond Bus North West" thread or have I missed something..............

andy41

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 05, 2020, 03:27:18 PM
Isn't this way off topic I am not aware West Midlands Travel Limited operate bus services in Bolton? I am the king of Diamond Bus fires and are very proud of the 3 I have been on they all ended up totally destroyed but went out in style well the style of Diamond Bus Limited thanks to Diamonds Bus excellent Health & Safety training we were all evacuated from the burning buses professionally by the driver. Thursdays B7 fire was good for the people of the North West to experience the excellent health and safety procedures Diamond Bus operate which we know so well in the West Midlands is second to none, the driver evacuated the bus excellently and should be congratulated for his actions. One would hope West Midlands Travel Limited have similar procedures for their many many fires last year outlined by @Tony but aren't the above posts supposed to be posted under "National Express West Midlands" and not the excellent" Diamond Bus North West" thread or have I missed something..............

The over arching point here is a very simple one. None of us in the industry should poke fun or gloat at others' adversity, as we never know when our turn may come.

paulb1973

Quote from: andy41 on January 05, 2020, 03:19:59 PM
I remember Volvo SD in Coventry a couple of years back and a Trident in Dudley just off the top of my head. Seem to remember a decker in Coventry too. None of them arson.

I was just noting that it was interesting how there was no helpful link to the news article with accompanying 'oops'

That would have been 2151 on NXC service 16 on 20/5/18 and 4401 on the same service on 7/11/17. Older Tridents 4203 were lost to fire too, on 17/10/18 and 4224 was damaged by fire on 1/8/17 and eventually sold for scrap. While four CV vehicles sounds bad, the period before, stretching back many years, saw hardly any serious fires at all (I can only think of the arson damage 4218 sustained back in 2001).

richardjones210368

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 06, 2020, 02:29:55 PM
That would have been 2151 on NXC service 16 on 20/5/18 and 4401 on the same service on 7/11/17. Older Tridents 4203 were lost to fire too, on 17/10/18 and 4224 was damaged by fire on 1/8/17 and eventually sold for scrap. While four CV vehicles sounds bad, the period before, stretching back many years, saw hardly any serious fires at all (I can only think of the arson damage 4218 sustained back in 2001).
Nothing is as good as Diamond Bus fire I was with my partner at the Blackstone Picnic Area outside Bewdley on 15th June 2015 when the bus was NIS and exploded & at Callow Hill on 23rd May 2017 when the 292 was engulfed in a fireball.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk