News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Max

Started by Chris2301, February 25, 2015, 07:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris2301

I went up to Wakefield last month and noticed Arriva Buses up there with MAX branding. I been on their website and the description of the MAX services sound like their Sapphire  services here. Do you think Arriva MAX is coming to midlands?

the trainbasher

Max is sapphires little brother effectively. Its used on routes that are not quite sapphire but are better than the normal routes

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

MAX is supposed to be the level underneath Sapphire so I heard. I don't see the difference though because they both offer WiFi, leather seats etc.

One thing is that I do like the livery on the MAX buses a lot better than Sapphire, after seeing it for the first time the weekend up in Yorkshire. I have always thought that that livery could be the new Arriva standard livery

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/16457582160/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/16643577581/
Again using both new buses (B9TLs) and reffurbished DB300s

I don't know if MAX is a regional thing for the north, but It would be nice to see it here.

Cheese

Quote from: John on February 25, 2015, 07:38:16 PM
MAX is supposed to be the level underneath Sapphire so I heard. I don't see the difference though because they both offer WiFi, leather seats etc.

One thing is that I do like the livery on the MAX buses a lot better than Sapphire, after seeing it for the first time the weekend up in Yorkshire. I have always thought that that livery could be the new Arriva standard livery

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/16457582160/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/16643577581/
Again using both new buses (B9TLs) and reffurbished DB300s

I don't know if MAX is a regional thing for the north, but It would be nice to see it here.

Arriva the Shires are using refurbished Citaros and Scania L94s around Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury with Sapphire Max branding so its not just 'oop north where it is being applied.  Quite a few Yorkshire and North East services are Sapphire Max branded, including all the new E200s on Wakefield city services so it isn't just being used on interurban routes either.

Chris2301

I would think arriva max would suit some of cannocks route 74, 75 and 76 and telfords 890/891/892. i did go on the new e200s in wakefield and they were very comfortable and less rattling than nxwm 62 plates e200

PM

Arriva Max is a good spec and I've been on a few of the routes in the North East. I agree that the livery looks very smart but probably overall prefer the Sapphire spec. Printed publicity is actually more imaginative for MAX though than Sapphire. All the refurbished vehicles I've been on have been done to a very high standard but it seems a MAX spec is becoming fairly standard on most new vehicles across the North East/transfers from London eg leather seats. Interestingly, the ex London e200's on my local route (64) have plugs fitted as well despite not being MAX or Sapphire just to confuse things even more!!

Bob

Quote from: Chris2301 on February 25, 2015, 08:21:27 PM
I would think arriva max would suit some of cannocks route 74, 75 and 76 and telfords 890/891/892. i did go on the new e200s in wakefield and they were very comfortable and less rattling than nxwm 62 plates e200

They could refurb the deckers maybe...but theyd actually need to use them more than they do now especially given they were actually transferred in to convert the routes to deckers!

Ashley 60171

There are rumours floating round Cannock that the 68 and Pye Greens are going MAX or Sapphire

Chris2301

I think the popular routes will get the MAX or it might become arriva standard livery

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 25, 2015, 10:39:00 PM
There are rumours floating round Cannock that the 68 and Pye Greens are going MAX or Sapphire

The 68??? Isnt it a subsidised service by South staffs council cos its unprofitable?  And there wererumours the pye greens might lose their 63 plate pulsars if takings didn't improve

BN

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 25, 2015, 10:39:00 PM

No plans.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk