News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: 2206 on November 05, 2019, 09:44:54 PM
Probably didn't work out for them, those routes went years ago. Can't have been very profitable otherwise they'd still be around today, presumably the school services/private hires are more profitable.

There were reliability issues for certain school routes - the Wolverhampton Girls' High School routes had huge reliability issues on afternoon journeys where buses were late back to cover having been on either stage work or private hires. The school were none-too-impressed, and couple this with pupils having Green Bus-only season tickets with the lengthy routes (some meandering via Wolverhampton, Wednesfield and Bloxwich to the other side of Walsall), pupils weren't getting back home until well after 5.30pm in some cases having either waited for the Green Bus to arrive or having to make their own way home via other buses at their own extra cost.

There's always a fine balance between maintaining service levels on school services and not having buses standing idle during the daytime.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Lukeee

Remember them on the 50, often used non compliant buses, belived Centro weren't to impressed with them running step entrance buses due to having unreliable trident's.

fleetline6477

It is a shame that they stopped local bus services, enjoyed their buses on the 22, 64  and 558. They also began running commercial routes at the end of school services, for example some 6s back from Solihull to Birmingham and a 192 from Kidderminster back to Birmingham.

Quote from: fleetline6477 on November 07, 2019, 09:39:45 PM
They also began running commercial routes at the end of school services, for example some 6s back from Solihull to Birmingham and a 192 from Kidderminster back to Birmingham.
There used to be a timetabled journey for an 11A operated by Green Bus on the stops at Fox and Goose back in 2011. The timetables stated only one journey ran starting at Stechford and terminating at Winson Green. Operated at about 4PM so likewise would have come off a school service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Two more Geminis have joined as of last night: SN56 AEL / SN56 AET
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

V102MOA

Quote from: CL on November 16, 2019, 08:25:07 AM
Two more Geminis have joined as of last night: SN56 AEL / SN56 AET

Santa came in the night and dropped off an early Christmas present!

SN55 BNU is now in service, SN56 AEL/AET should enter service towards the end of next week

SN55 BNK/BNX/BNY and SN56 AFJ are at Read's in Blackburn to be repainted and fitted with digital display equipment; I think BNX is likely to be the first one back here in green

Also, The Green Bus are in action doing rail replacement between Worcester and Kidderminster today, I will be driving a diagram this afternoon/evening (no Geminis out before anyone asks)

V102MOA

All being well, Gemini SN56 AEL may make an appearance on rail replacement between Worcester and Kidderminster tomorrow

V102MOA

I will be driving SN55 BPE (Lothian 747) from Edinburgh to Birmingham on Friday. This one brings the total number of Geminis acquired to eight.

SN55 BNX has also arrived back from Blackburn in green.

winston

Quote from: V102MOA on December 24, 2019, 05:09:27 PM
I will be driving SN55 BPE (Lothian 747) from Edinburgh to Birmingham on Friday. This one brings the total number of Geminis acquired to eight.

SN55 BNX has also arrived back from Blackburn in green.

I take it as the quantity is still growing, they're proving good acquisitions

V102MOA

Quote from: Winston on December 24, 2019, 05:23:31 PM
I take it as the quantity is still growing, they're proving good acquisitions

Yes, they are a pleasure to drive compared to some of our older vehicles, and save a couple of minor electrical issues, the two in service so far have been performing well. They will be excellent vehicles for private hire once belted and opened up.

The passengers on my school route also seem to like the new bus, especially the heating which warms up very quickly.

Tony

I have now updated The Green Bus fleetlist to be correct as of now

http://www.wmbusphotos.com/greenbus/fleetlist.html

V102MOA

115 has been withdrawn from service

SN55 BNK has been sold to Dews Coaches, Somersham

mesub

SN55 BPE is out for KEFW
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

richardjones210368

I am sure everyone joins me in congratulating Aston Villa on reaching Wembley and to thank Green Bus for thier support with thier Football Special buses I know they were much appreciated in the town I live almost as much as Aston Villa themselves.

V102MOA

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 29, 2020, 09:44:13 AM
I am sure everyone joins me in congratulating Aston Villa on reaching Wembley and to thank Green Bus for thier support with thier Football Special buses I know they were much appreciated in the town I live almost as much as Aston Villa themselves.

We have not run any football services in at least 6 years

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk