News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva real time buses

Started by mikestone, December 29, 2014, 02:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Don't recall seeing this, mentioned on uk-bus-fleetnews, here
;

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/journeyplanner/help/en?tpl=livemap&
;
nor surprise, surprise, does there appear to be any link from their website.

Stu

It's funny watching the 2E in Hednesford, as it appears to be operated by a helicopter, the way it's flying around!

This is genuinely great though, if only there could be something similar for NX buses!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 29, 2014, 07:55:15 PM
It's funny watching the 2E in Hednesford, as it appears to be operated by a helicopter, the way it's flying around!

This is genuinely great though, if only there could be something similar for NX buses!

There is, just not public, I have the advantage with the NX one I can see fleetnumbers as well

the trainbasher

It would make spotting easier ;-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

Quote from: Matt on December 29, 2014, 08:11:55 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 29, 2014, 07:57:11 PM

There is, just not public, I have the advantage with the NX one I can see fleetnumbers as well

Green Bus have a similar tool, obviously not public. It goes to a ridiculous level of detail such as the longitude/latitude of the vehicle and even the gradient on which it is travelling!
;
That's lack of detail, not extra detail - the system  will start off with longitude and latitude and convert it to a geographical location.

Tony

Quote from: Matt on December 29, 2014, 08:40:39 PM
Quote from: mikestone on December 29, 2014, 08:34:07 PM

Green Bus have a similar tool, obviously not public. It goes to a ridiculous level of detail such as the longitude/latitude of the vehicle and even the gradient on which it is travelling!
;
That's lack of detail, not extra detail - the system  will start off with longitude and latitude and converts it to a geographical location.

Yes, each tracker is plotted on a map, you can click on it to view all the raw data

Traffilog?

3Q

I would have thought this level of data would be for an entry level system. More advanced systems will provide engine management data, real time fuel consumption data etc

wulfrun

Does anyone know why the Arriva services that appear in realtime in the Arriva app are only listed as Timetabled in the NWM app?
"Forward in Unity"

Kevin

Quote from: wulfrun on January 19, 2015, 02:38:01 PM
Does anyone know why the Arriva services that appear in realtime in the Arriva app are only listed as Timetabled in the NWM app?

They come up as Timetabled on the app I've got as well, tried to use it in Liverpool when I was last up there but only timetables there as well. It's not a NX or WM specific app but only seems to have nxwm live times on, haven't tried it in London or anywhere else yet though
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2015, 12:19:45 PM
Quote from: wulfrun on January 19, 2015, 02:38:01 PM

They come up as Timetabled on the app I've got as well, tried to use it in Liverpool when I was last up there but only timetables there as well. It's not a NX or WM specific app but only seems to have nxwm live times on, haven't tried it in London or anywhere else yet though

The NWM system is a 'Vix Horizons' system. I think Arriva use a different System. Some Rotala vehicles have the Vix Horizons equipment in and I believe that may be appearing on the NWM system in the near future

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk