News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X60

Started by woody38, December 26, 2014, 03:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ck

The PVR for x60 needs 6 buses and the PVR for the 825 needs 6 buses so why are all 61 plates going to Stafford

Bob

Theres still absolutely nothing about the changes ie introduction of X60 on Arriva site. A week before the changes!  Joe public wouldnt think to look through staffs cc pages probably,  he or she would look at arrivas site. No wonder most of their new services fail miserably.  Ive seen the X25 loads of  times last couple of weeks, seen it enter lichfield empty! That surprised me tbf but Arriva are so s##t at providing information

andy

Quote from: Bob on January 04, 2015, 11:41:18 AM
Theres still absolutely nothing about the changes ie introduction of X60 on Arriva site. A week before the changes!  Joe public wouldnt think to look through staffs cc pages probably,  he or she would look at arrivas site. No wonder most of their new services fail miserably.  Ive seen the X25 loads of  times last couple of weeks, seen it enter lichfield empty! That surprised me tbf but Arriva are so s##t at providing information

When you say you've seen it arriving in Lichfield, presumably you mean the Bus Station? Hardly anybody goes right through to the Bus Station on the inbound journey, most get off by the Park. So that wouldn't be much of an indication.

Bob

Seen it at the town centre stop by the library,  thats where generally a lot of people alight also. Seen it leaving stafford a few times ( I work half the week in lich half stafford) at the sun inn stop also with hardly any on. Its surprising as id have thought people would lap an express service up, but maybe most passengers on the 825 get on and off at intermediate points served by it, they probably lost all but the most desperate end to end passengers years ago due to the long journey duration.  Its not exactly been heavily promoted, & even if it is on the website,  arrivas isnt exactly customer friendly,  there should just be a general list of service updates rather than having to p##s about searching for them by town. I do think its a joke that there is nothing about the X60 on there

Bob

Anyone know what buses are planned to be used on the X60 from Monday?

woody38

This new service is not really an express service except the bit between Lichfield & Tamworth, the bit between Cannock & Lichfield followers the same route as the 60, that was the bit I was hoping they would speed up, the present route around the back streets is staying the same. so I guess it is just to try & get Central buses off that it is fast between Lichfield & Tamworth.

Bob

Whilst the X prefix misleads cannock passengers into thinking it's an express service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk