News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

125 +297 services from kidderminster to bridgnorth

Started by Cedric, November 23, 2014, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

just wondering if Anybody knows  or think Arriva  Will(may) take over the running of the whittles 125 bridgnorth to Kidderminster section at least seeing they run the only other bridgnorth to Kidderminster service. I doubt it myself as I have heard they might be giving the 297 up (not 100% on that)
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

These are all the following Services Arriva currently operate in or to Bridgnorth.....

88/88A/99 & 99A: Bridgnorth - Telford via Ironbridge

101: Bridgnorth Town Service

113/114/115 & 116: Bridgnorth - Telford

141: Bridgnorth - Ludlow (May have been withdrawn not listed on Arriva bus website).

297: Bridgnorth - Kidderminster

436: Bridgnorth - Shrewsbury

890: Bridgnorth - Wolverhampton

I do think that Arriva should operate the 125 it would be 100% better than Diamond Bus operating the route which would operate their much older buses which are more likely to breakdown.

Cedric

Quote from: LM 172 on November 24, 2014, 10:05:59 AM
These are all the following Services Arriva currently operate in or to Bridgnorth.....

88/88A/99 & 99A: Bridgnorth - Telford via Ironbridge

101: Bridgnorth Town Service

113/114/115 & 116: Bridgnorth - Telford

141: Bridgnorth - Ludlow (May have been withdrawn not listed on Arriva bus website).

297: Bridgnorth - Kidderminster

436: Bridgnorth - Shrewsbury

890: Bridgnorth - Wolverhampton

I do think that Arriva should operate the 125 it would be 100% better than Diamond Bus operating the route which would operate their much older buses which are more likely to breakdown.
disagree  with you there  even  brand new buses or any age of vehicle is likely to brake down . and arriva buses in this area are not the newest in the fleet  the ones I have seen on the 297 are about the same age as diamond vehicles
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

Neither Arriva nor Diamond tendered for the service in May 2013. Whittle was the only company to tender.
(scroll right to the very end of the document).
Presumably, Ced, you'd prefer Arriva to nobody. I am sure there is a limit to what Shropshire Council will pay, without scaling back the service. I think it would be good for Arriva to show some interest. I wonder what will happen to the Stourbridge section, as I understand that it is commercial and Worcestershire Council says, 'Rail is the fastest and most reliable (surface) mode of transport.' They don't mention convenience.

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on November 24, 2014, 12:49:18 PM
Neither Arriva nor Diamond tendered for the service in May 2013. Whittle was the only company to tender.
(scroll right to the very end of the document).
Presumably, Ced, you'd prefer Arriva to nobody. I am sure there is a limit to what Shropshire Council will pay, without scaling back the service. I think it would be good for Arriva to show some interest. I wonder what will happen to the Stourbridge section, as I understand that it is commercial and Worcestershire Council says, 'Rail is the fastest and most reliable (surface) mode of transport.' They don't mention convenience.

Rooughley   I  do not have any perefernce  to  who runs run the 125   In my original post I was just ask if any body knew anything, and in my second post  I was just trying to point out to preivious poster who said about diamond vehicles being older and less reliable than arriva's  that the arriva vechicles I have seen on the 297 are a similar age . 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Arriva have not got the Bridgnorth section of the 125. It has gone to Central Buses who now have both Stourbridge and Bridgnorth sections of the 125 with a hourly service as we'll.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk