News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

6831 -6835 metrobuses

Started by Solo1, August 01, 2014, 06:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 4006 on August 03, 2014, 12:53:18 PM
6835 had my favorite west midlands livery with the black skirt and window frames  :)

This forum desperately needs a 'like' button again!

Mick the gent

I remember seeing 6833 at Stevensons years ago,it had a engine fire en route to Burton,so was stripped for spares like 6831.What happened to 6834 ? I heard it was used as a tracline demonstration bus up north at tees or united.Any one know exactly what happened to it ?

Tony

Quote from: Mick the gent on August 03, 2014, 06:37:50 PM
I remember seeing 6833 at Stevensons years ago,it had a engine fire en route to Burton,so was stripped for spares like 6831.What happened to 6834 ? I heard it was used as a tracline demonstration bus up north at tees or united.Any one know exactly what happened to it ?

If I remember correctly, that was the one that the body was stripped off, and the chassis sat in Selly Oak for some time

don

Quote from: Bob on August 03, 2014, 11:38:14 AM
Quote from: Westy on August 02, 2014, 11:28:00 PM
Must admit I don't remember a Titan at Walsall.

Did it have a regular route?

It was only there a couple of years before they all got moved to one garage not sure which.  It used to go on the 51 a bit

They were all moved to PB.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Excellent video of 6835 - some great sound effects. I must admit I don't recall 6835 having the narrow cream band and black window surrounds but I'm sure the guys at Wythall have done their research. 2001 onwards had the wider cream band and blue window surrounds (but black skirts) - also 7006 and IIRC - strange what 35 yrs odd does to the memory!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk