News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Area Guides

Started by PM, July 11, 2014, 06:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

I know Arriva used to produce very good area guides for Walsall, Wolverhampton and also Sandwell and Dudley.

However, I haven't seen any available for a while at West Brom, Walsall or Wolverhampton bus stations and Halesowen only have the outdated April 2013 S and D one. Wolverhampton have some pathetic timetable printouts for the 891 etc.

I was wondering if anyone knew if they still make such guides and if so, where they'd be available from, as I find them a lot easier when planning a dayout!!

Do they also do Lichfield, Derby, Cannock, Leicester, Telford and Stafford area ones?

Westy

I did ask them on the Facebook site and they were considering it.

They should make it a Black Country & South Staffordshire combined guide personally.

They put the Lichfield guide in Walsall for some reason.  They should have put the Cannock guide in there instead!

PM

Quote from: Westy on July 11, 2014, 06:59:39 PM
I did ask them on the Facebook site and they were considering it.

They should make it a Black Country & South Staffordshire combined guide personally.

They put the Lichfield guide in Walsall for some reason.  They should have put the Cannock guide in there instead!

Guess Black Country and South Staffordshire would be pretty weighty.

The Walsall one I have only has the 35 group in there to Lichfield-nothing else...

Arriva are usually pretty good at publicity so it would be useful if they did them again...

Bob

The billboard at cannock stn was still displaying x60/x31/72 up until recently and may still be  lol. Excellent with publicity

PM

Quote from: Bob on July 11, 2014, 07:08:54 PM
The billboard at cannock stn was still displaying x60/x31/72 up until recently and may still be  lol. Excellent with publicity

I did say "usually" and "pretty" good tho tbf ;)

Generally, they tend to have guides for most if not all their services in the NE at least. Until recently, their WM printed publicity was better than any other operator produces.

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 11, 2014, 07:10:44 PM

Generally, they tend to have guides for most if not all their services in the NE at least. Until recently, their WM printed publicity was better than any other operator produces.

Would that be because no other operator generally produces Timetables etc, instead paying money to Centro to produce combined ones?

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 11, 2014, 07:42:38 PM

Would that be because no other operator generally produces Timetables etc, instead paying money to Centro to produce combined ones?

Indeed-unfortunately... In the Metro area, operators produce in-house publicity meaning fares etc can be shown. The Centro ones are hardly award-winning publicity in action!

Westy

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 11, 2014, 07:46:56 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 11, 2014, 07:42:38 PM

Indeed-unfortunately... In the Metro area, operators produce in-house publicity meaning fares etc can be shown. The Centro ones are hardly award-winning publicity in action!

And never seem to be on time either.

Last lot of Walsall change leaflets were patchy availability for first week,  in fact the following weekend,  the Centro bus was in town and they had more than the Travel Shop round the corner!

(Plus the bird on the Centro bus liked my Camra cider t shirt! )

D10

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 11, 2014, 06:39:51 PM
I know Arriva used to produce very good area guides for Walsall, Wolverhampton and also Sandwell and Dudley.

However, I haven't seen any available for a while at West Brom, Walsall or Wolverhampton bus stations and Halesowen only have the outdated April 2013 S and D one. Wolverhampton have some pathetic timetable printouts for the 891 etc.

I was wondering if anyone knew if they still make such guides and if so, where they'd be available from, as I find them a lot easier when planning a dayout!!

Do they also do Lichfield, Derby, Cannock, Leicester, Telford and Stafford area ones?

Leicester has individual leaflets for services.

As to Stafford, I posted a thread last year, where I picked up the Stafford "Area" guide, but it very unhelpfully only in fact contains routes to the South East of town!

stuartn

the Hinckley Bus operations have a booklet with all the timetables and route maps in but it doesn't include the 79 and 208 routes.

Westy

Any  news on new guides for the West Midlands services?

Bob

They need to do them pronto considering half the time you cant even download the bloody timetables off the website

derningtona

The new website is nothing like as good as the old one. No starting dates and as you say impossible to download and print easily unless I'm missing something. Unfortunately, printed guides are always partly out of date no time at all after they come out.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk