News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NX coaches - Who Does What

Started by the trainbasher, May 03, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT90

Is it true NX will be taking over De Courcey's coach routes in-house, and based from Walsall next year ?

Ally

Updated the Bristol route and operators list to be correct as of today. Travellers Choice will take the 333 north as far as Birmingham today where Parks will continue it on, and then they will fully operate the service.

Route       Towards                                                         Operator
040           London/Weston/Burnham                              Edwards (Bristol) / Bennetts Coaches (Certain Fri/Sat/Sun journeys)
200           Heathrow & Gatwick                                       Edwards (Bristol)
201           Swansea/Heathrow, Gatwick & Brighton        Edwards (Swansea)
202           Swansea/Cardiff/Heathrow                            Edwards (Llantrisant/Swansea)
300           Southsea                                                        WITHDRAWN
302           Northampton                                                  Edwards (Bristol)
313           Gloucester (040/318 placement journeys)          Bennetts Coaches
318           Birmingham                                                     Bennetts Coaches
324           Brixham/Sheffield                                            Go Northern
328           Plymouth/Blackpool                                         Parks (Plymouth)
330           Penzance/Nottingham                                    Edwards (Bristol)
333           Bournemouth/Blackpool                                  Parks (Plymouth)
336           Plymouth/Edinburgh                                       Bruces Coaches
337           Paignton/Rugby                                              Edwards (Bristol)
339           Westward Ho!/Grimsby                                  Edwards (Bristol)
509           Cardiff/London                                                Edwards (Llantrisant) 1 single per day
530           Paignton/Newcastle                                        Go Northern
531           Plymouth/Newcastle                                       Go Northern
532           Plymouth/Blackpool                                         Parks (Plymouth)
890           Cork & Swansea/London                                Kavanagh (Eurolines)

Dupes are usually operated by either Bennetts, but sometimes by other operators.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

winston

Eurolines is nothing to do with NX anymore, they left.

I has been replaced by Ouibus, a joint venture been NX (UK), SNCF & NX owned ALSA

Ally

Quote from: Winston on April 01, 2019, 09:50:54 AM
Eurolines is nothing to do with NX anymore, they left.

I has been replaced by Ouibus, a joint venture been NX (UK), SNCF & NX owned ALSA

I thought that was only the Non-Irish European stuff, and that the few routes like the 890 are still Eurolines?
Our system still tells us that a Eurolines booking sticker should be placed on the ticket when we sell them, and the Eurolines website still sells the tickets, or is this now just on behalf of NX?
I know we definitely tell people they have to go online to Ouibus for stuff like Paris, which I helped somebody with last week, but we can sell on the desk for Cork etc.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

winston

Quote from: Ally on April 02, 2019, 03:55:38 PM
I thought that was only the Non-Irish European stuff, and that the few routes like the 890 are still Eurolines?
Our system still tells us that a Eurolines booking sticker should be placed on the ticket when we sell them, and the Eurolines website still sells the tickets, or is this now just on behalf of NX?
I know we definitely tell people they have to go online to Ouibus for stuff like Paris, which I helped somebody with last week, but we can sell on the desk for Cork etc.

As I understood it, Eurolines still operate various routes in to the UK (London) & UK to Eire, but NX are no longer part of the Eurolines consortium / co-operative. Therefore, Eurolines is no longer anything to do with NX. NX instead had formed their own brand in competition with Eurolines as 'Ouibus' for European work at least, maybe the link still remains with Eurolines for Irish routes due to cross selling of tickets etc plus NX doesn't have it's own routes in to Ireland that could be re-branded as Ouibus?

Ally

Quote from: Winston on April 02, 2019, 04:39:32 PM
As I understood it, Eurolines still operate various routes in to the UK (London) & UK to Eire, but NX are no longer part of the Eurolines consortium / co-operative. Therefore, Eurolines is no longer anything to do with NX. NX instead had formed their own brand in competition with Eurolines as 'Ouibus' for European work at least, maybe the link still remains with Eurolines for Irish routes due to cross selling of tickets etc plus NX doesn't have it's own routes in to Ireland that could be re-branded as Ouibus?

I'll have to do some further digging on this one, had a quick scan in my work e-mails as I remember something on it a while back, dated 28/11/18, it shows the 890 operations as "NX/Bus Eireann". To eradicate any doubt though, I'll remove the Eurolines tag from the list on its next update, seeing as it would still be correct just listing Kavanagh.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

winston

Quote from: Ally on April 02, 2019, 05:28:26 PM
I'll have to do some further digging on this one, had a quick scan in my work e-mails as I remember something on it a while back, dated 28/11/18, it shows the 890 operations as "NX/Bus Eireann". To eradicate any doubt though, I'll remove the Eurolines tag from the list on its next update, seeing as it would still be correct just listing Kavanagh.

Yes, let me know if you find anything for certain.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 03, 2014, 03:03:32 PM
Hi all,

does anyone know where I can get a list of who does what NX journeys wise.

Going bck to the first post in this thread  . . . . . . . Can I ask the same question please  ??

Pat

This is what i've got so far for Digbeth traffic (open to corrections/additions)

West Midlands Travel (Walsall)
(Plus 420 Coventry)

Travelstar European

Chalfont

Selwyn's

Bruce's

Edward's

Park's of Hamilton

Go North East

East Yorkshire

Newbury & District

Skills

B61 ANDREW

Cheers for the info.   Some previously well established operators seem to have fell out of favour . 

Quote from: Pat on November 05, 2021, 09:44:53 PM
This is what i've got so far for Digbeth traffic (open to corrections/additions)

(Plus 420 Coventry)

Hello All, i am interested in moving to the coaches, i would like some information on duties/shift patterns and any other relavant information would be greatly appreiciated. On a recent trip on the 210 service to heathrow it opened my eyes and my chats with drivers not one had a bad word to say about coach driving most were former NXWM bus drivers every one encouraged to try it out.

Travelstar European

Chalfont

Selwyn's

Bruce's

Edward's

Park's of Hamilton

Go North East

East Yorkshire

Newbury & District

Skills

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 06, 2021, 08:26:02 PM
Cheers for the info.   Some previously well established operators seem to have fell out of favour .

That's just services serving Digbeth, others, Stagecoach Yorkshire are still running NX services

Wba_lad

Quote from: Pat on November 05, 2021, 09:44:53 PMThis is what i've got so far for Digbeth traffic (open to corrections/additions)

(Plus 420 Coventry)

Travelstar European

Chalfont

Selwyn's

Bruce's

Edward's

Park's of Hamilton

Go North East

East Yorkshire

Newbury & District

Skills