News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX coaches - Who Does What

Started by the trainbasher, May 03, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: j_walker1804 @ yahoo groupsParks of Hamilton have gained workings on the 561

0605 561 Bradford - London
0720 561 Bradford - London
1800 561 London - Bradford
1900 561 London - Bradford

Epsom have one diagram on the 561.
0800 561 London - Bradford
1610 561 Bradford - London

Stotts have one diagram on the 561.

0800 561 Bradford - London
1500 561 London - Bradford

Johnson Bros/Redfern Travel have a diagram on the 561 also!

1320 561 Bradford - London
2000 561 London - Bradford

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Pete175

MW

Does anyone know of a list of all the National Express coach routes and who's operating them?

Westy

When did NX coach routes stop being operated by the local NBC operator?

busfan2847

Quote from: Westy on August 22, 2016, 06:39:03 PM
When did NX coach routes stop being operated by the local NBC operator?
NBC subsidiaries were sold between 1986 and 1988 so the last time they were operated by a local NBC operator is 1988.

A number of operators are still the descendants of the NBC companies such as East Yorkshire, Go North East, Go South Coast, Ambassador Travel and various Stagecoach companies.

TT90

HI, is there somewhere I can find the most up to date current NX Coach in-house and contracts route list and the operating depot please guys ?  ;)

Adam 404

Quote from: TT90 on June 26, 2018, 11:17:52 PM
HI, is there somewhere I can find the most up to date current NX Coach in-house and contracts route list and the operating depot please guys ?  ;)
http://nebula.wsimg.com/358408df6f286fb3d48d3a7a238ed70b?AccessKeyId=8B7A174C4DD908996CD8&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Michael Bevan

Tony

And there's the brilliantly numbered 'Woking 925' service

CL

I'd really like to get some photos of the Levante IIIs, but have little to no clue about my options of finding them. Anyone got any tips? Or is my best bet a stakeout at Victoria Coach Station? :P Cheers
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

Quote from: CL on September 07, 2018, 01:55:41 AM
I'd really like to get some photos of the Levante IIIs, but have little to no clue about my options of finding them. Anyone got any tips? Or is my best bet a stakeout at Victoria Coach Station? :P Cheers

Victoria is probably the best place to go I reckon. You get a decent amount of regular buses passing through too, along with a good location for shooting trains going in and out of Victoria a few minutes walk away.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: CL on September 07, 2018, 01:55:41 AM

Victoria is your best bet. From a quick Flickr search, they seem to be used in routes 040, 337, 507, 509. The 2018 batch of Boa Vistas seem to be on the 040 too. These are all operated by Edwards and head towards Bristol and South Wales.
You will also see the few surviving Green Line routes, Harry Potter Shuttle and TfL routes 44, 170, 211, C1 and C10 amongst all the other coaches.
Just a tip if you want to see some of the more unique London Vehicles; its better for photography and variety of types if you go further out into the suburbs as Central London is mostly the newer Hybrids and Electrics these days  ;)

Ally

They're fairly regular on the 040 on Friday's and Sunday's, other than that, they don't make much of an appearance in Bristol - although the 330 and 339 services both saw one today which I've not seen previously.
The Boa Vistas are the standard allocation at all other times on the 040.

I would agree that Victoria is the best plan.

There seems to be a couple of no-go's currently on where the Levante III's can be used as they don't fit in Heathrow (not sure if it's one or all terminals) nor do they fit on bays 1 or 2 at Bristol - you can technically get them on there, but then nothing will be able to get past.

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 07, 2018, 05:13:51 PM
Victoria is your best bet. From a quick Flickr search, they seem to be used in routes 040, 337, 507, 509. The 2018 batch of Boa Vistas seem to be on the 040 too. These are all operated by Edwards and head towards Bristol and South Wales.
You will also see the few surviving Green Line routes, Harry Potter Shuttle and TfL routes 44, 170, 211, C1 and C10 amongst all the other coaches.
Just a tip if you want to see some of the more unique London Vehicles; its better for photography and variety of types if you go further out into the suburbs as Central London is mostly the newer Hybrids and Electrics these days  ;)
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

lauren1993

The 324 is now operated by Go Ahead. The 532 is now operated by parks Plymouth. 591 is now operated by parks of Hamilton. The 594 is now operated by Bruce's.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Ally

Prepared a little table of operators for Bristol services:

Route       Towards                                                         Operator
040           London/Weston/Burnham                              Edwards (Bristol) / Bennetts Coaches (Certain Fri/Sun journeys)
200           Heathrow & Gatwick                                       Edwards (Bristol)
201           Swansea/Heathrow, Gatwick & Brighton        Edwards (Llantrisan)
202           Swansea/Cardiff/Heathrow                            Edwards (Llantrisan)
300           Southsea                                                        Lucketts
302           Northampton                                                  Edwards (Bristol)
318           Birmingham                                                     Bennetts Coaches
324           Brixham/Sheffield                                            Go Northern
328           Plymouth/Blackpool                                         Parks (Plymouth)
330           Penzance/Nottingham                                    Edwards (Bristol)
333           Bournemouth/Blackpool                                  Travellers Choice
336           Plymouth/Edinburgh                                       Bruces Coaches
337           Paignton/Rugby                                              Edwards (Bristol)
339           Westward Ho!/Grimsby                                  Edwards (Bristol)
509           Cardiff/London                                                Edwards (Llantrisan)
530           Paignton/Newcastle                                        Go Northern
531           Plymouth/Newcastle                                       Go Northern
532           Plymouth/Blackpool                                         Parks (Plymouth)
890           Cork & Swansea/London                                Eurolines

Dupes are usually operated by either Bennetts or Applegates, but sometimes by other operators.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk