News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva New Bus Orders 2014/15

Started by Wolves256, April 08, 2014, 09:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Why dont they have coach seats on both floors like stagecoach gold deckers? It looks odd lol

PM

Quote from: Bob on May 29, 2014, 11:20:16 PM
Why dont they have coach seats on both floors like stagecoach gold deckers? It looks odd lol

Guess they're better confined to the upper deck where there is more room... The lower deck would be dark and cramped with these seats in tbh

Thanks for the updates though tyresmoke!

Bob

Dunno about cramped? As long as legroom was ok? Would be more comfortable tho

winston

Bob

Nice looking livery but a hideously ugly bus

winston

Quote from: Bob on July 05, 2014, 03:20:23 PM
Nice looking livery but a hideously ugly bus

I'm going to have to disagree with that one, I quite like DF Streetlites. I would however agree if were talking the WF Streetlites  ;)

Bob

Have you seen some of the reviews of the first Sheffield ones? Rattly noisy very unreliable loud comptessors etc...wonder if theyll be any better than cannocks Sb200s?  Although theyre not particularly good buses sapphire versions might have been better for the 1. Ive seen videos of them on YouTube.  Pretty unpleasant sounding things compared with the latest volvos/citaros etc. And lightweight too lol

winston

Quote from: Bob on July 05, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
Have you seen some of the reviews of the first Sheffield ones? Rattly noisy very unreliable loud comptessors etc...wonder if theyll be any better than cannocks Sb200s?  Although theyre not particularly good buses sapphire versions might have been better for the 1. Ive seen videos of them on YouTube.  Pretty unpleasant sounding things compared with the latest volvos/citaros etc. And lightweight too lol

Reviews by who? Passengers or the FSY staff? I doubt they're that bad otherwise First wouldn't be buying 274 more of them. First don't normally scrimp on new bus purchases. I've never been on an SB200 to be able to comment.

Bob

Passengers I think. I thought streetlite's were cheap compared to other vehicles

winston

Quote from: Bob on July 05, 2014, 04:48:17 PM
Passengers I think. I thought streetlite's were cheap compared to other vehicles

No idea how much they cost compared to anything else, they are far more fuel efficient than full size single deckers such as the B7RLE due to being far lighter in weight.

Bob

No need to be personal...if arriva farted maybe your head might come out of their rear end :)

John

I was looking at this pic https://www.flickr.com/photos/45060815@N07/ and I wondered if Wigston are still due some normal spec new Enviro400s along with the Sapphires for Tamworth and Derby?

Solo1

The link only goes to the photostream & not the
PHoto

Bob

Quote from: Winston on July 05, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

No idea how much they cost compared to anything else, they are far more fuel efficient than full size single deckers such as the B7RLE due to being far lighter in weight.

Although people keep saying first usually only go for higher end stuff quality wise could it not be that as they're like perennially skint theyve tightened their belts a bit?

winston

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2014, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 05, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

Although people keep saying first usually only go for higher end stuff quality wise could it not be that as they're like perennially skint theyve tightened their belts a bit?

First have pushing manufacturers to develop lightweight / more fuel efficient vehicles for years. Whether the DF Max is on a par with B7RLE/Wright remains to be seen over the coming years. If First needed to costs of the new buses they wouldn't have specified high spec interiors with leather seats / Wifi as standard. First are alright for money for the next couple of years on the basis that nothing else goes wrong and bus & First Student profits continue to rise. If First fail to retain Scotrail later this year, that may well cause them problems and it has been suggested that they may have to tap the City up for more funds or make further larger disposals to pay down debt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk