News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bensweeney14

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 27, 2015, 09:06:56 AM
Does anyone know if olympians get allocated to any Coventry routes?

X16 Coventry to Stratford is usually Olympians.

Also some X15/X18 is sometimes allocated Olympians, best to look for the 10:02 Coventry to Stratford X15 and the 11:02 Coventry to Stratford X15.
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

the trainbasher

Quote from: bensweeney14 on July 02, 2015, 11:45:30 AM
X16 Coventry to Stratford is usually Olympians.

Also some X15/X18 is sometimes allocated Olympians, best to look for the 10:02 Coventry to Stratford X15 and the 11:02 Coventry to Stratford X15.

Cheers @bensweeney14, when I went over Saturday all I saw on the X16 were solos and Tridents, and in the X18 a Unibus E400 dropped on it

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JoNi

There is an Olympian on X17 today and an L reg one on X16 12:50 ex Coventry. X16 on the previous hour was an Optare Solo.

Trident 4194

Do stagecoach offer a day ticket?

PM

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 03, 2015, 08:00:12 PM
Do stagecoach offer a day ticket?

I can understand why you're asking-hard to navigate their website and actually find out, if you don't want a Megarider!!

I'll be interested what the reply is to this as would quite like to do a Warwickshire day out.

Cheese

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 03, 2015, 08:03:43 PM
I can understand why you're asking-hard to navigate their website and actually find out, if you don't want a Megarider!!

I'll be interested what the reply is to this as would quite like to do a Warwickshire day out.

The following link should provide the details - all manner of different choices of Dayrider, the areas served is shown in the link at the top of the page.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/warwickshiredayrider.aspx

Trident 4194

That very helpful so how much would it cost for the ticket from Coventry to Stratford?

Cheese

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 03, 2015, 08:22:10 PM
That very helpful so how much would it cost for the ticket from Coventry to Stratford?

No idea - why don't you give Stagecoach customer services a call, have done that on a few occasions and they can tell you the cost of single fares.  Dayrider Gold covers the whole of the Stagecoach Midlands area...

Solo1

went to leamington spa on the train saw these parked at leamington spa depot these 3 buses are for stratford on avon sightseeing tour they still need the audio & branding done spoke to someone in the office who told me   https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/19226400768/in/dateposted-public/   https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/19227751299/in/dateposted-public/

Ally

I have a copy of the latest fare chart so if anybody needs any assistance, I'll be more than happy to help!

The price of an Adult single journey ticket from Coventry to Stratford is £5.75. If you're planning more than one journey, I'd recommend buying a Dayrider Gold for £8.45 which is vaild across the whole of the Midlands, rather than the specific towns. If you go on a Sunday, it's only £4.25.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Ashley 60171

37109 and 37111 noted elsewhere in use at Northampton today.

Ashley 60171

Oxford gen

MAN's 22765 - 22771 earmarked for transfer to Yorkshire.

Ally

The GPS was activated in the ticket machines as from yesterday (despite the garage notice saying Tuesday). Now machines are tracked by AVL and by GPS satellites so controllers know where the bus is and the GPS will be used for a new app they're going to launch, plus, the fare stages on the ticket machines update on their own now without driver input, bar the select few routes denoted on the machine with a $ symbol. These will still have to be updated manually. It even tells you how many GPS satellites can currently see your bus (apparently the system will not work well if under 5).

Another key feature is the ability to send messages via the machines, which have had SIM cards fitted inside. These are obviously pre-programmed messages to stop drivers sending texts to each other etc. and the function will only work if the vehicle is stationary.

Something I've noticed already is the "Driver under assault - call police" message, to which I've been jokingly saying "When you're having your lights punched out, you can hardly say: Just hang on a sec while I text in to the garage mate". They've also added on for when your bus has "brocken down".
The one that will be of most use to 36208 is the "I'm going to be over 10 minutes late" message, the button will probably end up worn out for that one...

But back to seriousness, I think it's going to see a nice improvement now as they'll be able to better react to breakdowns, diversions and other incidents, hopefully getting show up drivers and controllers/inspectors out onto the road quicker when needs be.
I'm hoping the app will be as good as Arriva's, where you can see your bus on a map, rather than a not so helpful "4 mins" sign.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

the trainbasher

@Ally do you know if the system is going to be the same as/similar to the one that Stagecoach East Kent use? Reason I ask is an app I use has been, since Christmas, giving Real Time for some stagecoach kent buses and I was just wondering if the same will apply for Warwickshire (saves using a second app - why Arriva won't give the same data feeds I'll never know!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ally

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 26, 2015, 02:05:48 PM
@Ally do you know if the system is going to be the same as/similar to the one that Stagecoach East Kent use? Reason I ask is an app I use has been, since Christmas, giving Real Time for some stagecoach kent buses and I was just wondering if the same will apply for Warwickshire (saves using a second app - why Arriva won't give the same data feeds I'll never know!)

@the trainbasher They're being very cloak and dagger about everything these days, but I believe the plan is to have 1 app for the whole of the country, this would allow for easier travelling if you go elsewhere in the country, rather than downloading a seperate app everywhere you go.
At first this was a Midlands only trial, but I believe they've just released it across the country now instead, as I recall seeing somebody from another division mentioning their buses having it installed.

The only difference at the moment that passengers will notice is that on the ticket, the "Journey" now states the journey number and not the commencing time, i.e. the 767 journey I'm often on used to say "Journey: 04:32" and now says "Journey: 6", also the route numbers have changed to what is called a "Revenue number" which for example is shown on the ticket as "Route: E48A", I have no idea at all what the E means but it also shows on the running boards.

I've got the entire documentation for the changes, including message IDs and their meanings.

As for any release of the mobile app, that's being kept secret at this time. But as soon as I hear anything more, I will post straight away.

On a seperate note, 39685 has been repainted and has lot 99% of it's Matrix branding, retaining only the squares on the rear window and the interior lining.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk