News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Last Metrobuses From Stratford on Avon College B832AOP and C903FON 2,

Started by horsencart, March 18, 2014, 01:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

The Last Metrobuses From Stratford on Avon College B832AOP and C903FON 2, Aug, 2010

For those who remember the Metrobuses with affection  http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/13241903583/

Stevo

Those were the days! Wasn't it run by PB Metros before AG did it? It was originally run by Yourbus DP Metros which I think went to Hockley when Yourbus at Miller St closed. I'd see them coming down the M6 to the M42 and M40 - more empty running than loaded. But does anyone remember the TWM X92 on Sundays, Brum to Hereford - a Metro ran empty to Hereford to take up the service, then empty back to Hartshill in the evening. It had been run by Midland Red West from Hereford and the timetable wasn't altered. I wish I'd gone on a Hartshill Mk 1 or Mk 2 over the Clee Hills!

Liberator9

Thanks for posting that! Remember the Metrobuses coming past my home on that service; used to love looking out for them when I was a bit younger.

Stu

2988 was the last Metrobus I ever caught, on the farewell day in July 2010, I managed to ride it on the 11A from Acocks Green to Swan Island.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 18, 2014, 07:49:35 PM
2988 was the last Metrobus I ever caught, on the farewell day in July 2010, I managed to ride it on the 11A from Acocks Green to Swan Island.

With me as  'conductor' I did the driving for the second half of the circuit from Summerfield Park back to Acocks Green

37351ml

The fellow that boards at 2.01 in the video looks familiar, is he involved with the YW bus club.

Tony

Quote from: 37351ml on March 18, 2014, 09:02:57 PM
The fellow that boards at 2.01 in the video looks familiar, is he involved with the YW bus club.

That's Ronnie Morgan (mad Ron) who is extremely ill in hospital at the moment after a fall at Hamstead railway station

horsencart

Sorry to hear about Ron I hope gets better, 

Quote from: Tony on March 18, 2014, 09:11:56 PM

That's Ronnie Morgan (mad Ron) who is extremely ill in hospital at the moment after a fall at Hamstead railway station

horsencart

Yes I understand the service was run from PB,  I was happy to be on the last NXWM  run  all now long since gone of course

Quote from: Stevo on March 18, 2014, 06:05:34 PM
Those were the days! Wasn't it run by PB Metros before AG did it? It was originally run by Yourbus DP Metros which I think went to Hockley when Yourbus at Miller St closed. I'd see them coming down the M6 to the M42 and M40 - more empty running than loaded. But does anyone remember the TWM X92 on Sundays, Brum to Hereford - a Metro ran empty to Hereford to take up the service, then empty back to Hartshill in the evening. It had been run by Midland Red West from Hereford and the timetable wasn't altered. I wish I'd gone on a Hartshill Mk 1 or Mk 2 over the Clee Hills!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on March 18, 2014, 09:11:56 PM

Poor bloke. I knew him on occasion. I was told his abode was infiltrated and was pushed down the stairs? Not true it seems.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mick the gent

Tony

Quote from: Mick the gent on May 25, 2014, 06:31:53 PM
How is Ron doing? Is he improving?

Unfortunately not.  Again a home is desperately needed for 4535 that his family need to sell. can anyone help? It may ends up going for scrap, annd it is far better than that despite the stories about it

mranon

tony re 4535 - it was posted on facebook, that its seats had been removed and the grasp a non tinterweb m8 got was it had sold

Tony

Quote from: mranon on May 25, 2014, 08:33:15 PM
tony re 4535 - it was posted on facebook, that its seats had been removed and the grasp a non tinterweb m8 got was it had sold

Both lies, My friend who is trying to help dispose of it says it is complete except for a stolen air release valve from the engine. With this replaced it is fully drivable and complete. In fact it was moved around where it currently parked at Oldbury with this valve temporary blocked off to build the air pressure. Unless a buyer is found quickly it will have to go for scrap as it has to move from Oldbury now Ronnie is no longer employed there. It is the last survivor of the GOG-N Fleetlines

horsencart

The last conversation I had with Ron was about photographs,  is it known about his photo collection,  photo collections are never worth much in the way of money but from a social local?  history one photo can be worth a thousand words are his family going to donate his collection  to somewhere where they will be seen by future generations, or will they be forced to sell them?,    the problem  with families that they do not always appreciate the time and trouble with taking photos,  (with the greatest of respect to Ron,s family)   I do hope  that  his photo collection  like his bus find a decent home and not end up in the bin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk