News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Potteries

Started by Ashley, March 15, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T840MAK

Quote from: barry619 on March 27, 2016, 08:42:16 PM
1. No, sitting in South Yorkshire I don't suppose you have.
2. Who said anything about E300s? When a blind is blank, that means that it is not working.
3. Ah, right. Your experience in bus marketing is what, exactly?
4. I suggest you look a little bit more closely next time you are in the Potteries - if you don't upset drivers, you may have more opportunity to do so.

Don't take this personally, but as a lad in his teens I could give a monkey's what you think. First Potteries is a pathetic operation that runs with knackered, filthy buses, many of which still carry a livery that became obsolete some years ago. Many also have not been near the bus wash for some days, if not weeks. If that is what you consider a half decent outfit may I politely suggest that you never attempt to join the industry when you leave college.

And I suppose you know the extent that I travel do you? Rather than taking this personal, think about the facts before you post.

The point about the E300s was regarding that I've not seen the side or rear destinations working on these since they arrived from Worcester - but they were working when they were there. Saying something? No-one is stopping you from reporting it to the operator, or indeed the Traffic Commissioner (now as it falls short of legislation), so rather than moaning about it how about taking some action so there is no need to moan about it.

Don't need any experience - branding advertises other routes - say someone sitting in Chell who travels to Sneyd Green regularly, but rarely ever any further, may never heard of the 6 or the 6A routes, and so if a bus ends up misallocated it's putting the information out there. This part is common sense, however I note you make no reply to the main part of this point about the fact that a branded bus is better than no bus.

The only issues I've had with First Potteries was on my last trip - a driver which didn't like a photo of his bus being taken, and then a bus missing - the latter being the cause of a vehicle fault so excusable. Otherwise, I've always seen a reliable and punctual service with friendly drivers (note if you were to come up to Sheffield and spend a day on my local route you would see that you are completely wrong about saying this about First Potteries, where the buses often run 5 minutes early during the peaks and have been known to be up to an hour late otherwise, with drivers who are usually very grumpy. EDIT - I also forgot that the drivers generally don't give a c**p about the route they're supposed to take too...

I've not taken anything you've said personally, however I think that it's pretty low having to resort to using my age against me, and then trying to say that I shouldn't take a job in the industry simply because our views conflict. First Potteries is one of the better First operations which I have observed, although quite a large proportion of the fleet could really do with a touch up, both internally and externally - but then again I could say the thing about First's Sheffield operations four years ago, dirty, desperately in need for a repaint and a retrim inside - which is now the best performing depot in the North of England and I believe third in the group. I also have no idea where the comments about buses not going near a bus wash have come from - buses are generally washed nightly but they don't get washed as often during the winter to stop the bus from freezing up, so will of course appear less clean.

And with regards to the latter comments; you're an adult, please act like one.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

DVXXII

Quote from: DVXXII on March 25, 2016, 06:42:57 PM
Unusual working today is 53828 on 6/26, usually a streetlite only route.

At AG depot the two solo's that have been parked up out of use for a number of weeks (53059/60) have moved. Not seen either back in service in Potteries but will keep a look out. In the depot 41496 still in the same position, as is visitor 32052. 43877 has moved but not back out in service yet. About 6 E300s and a couple of streetlites left in with the good Friday reduced PVR

Visible At NE depot are withdrawn 42354 60175 65567 and a heavily stripped solo (think 40009) Plenty more Scania Wrights non DDA compliant buses tucked behind these but I couldn't identify which.
53059/60 are both back out at Potteries. 41496 & 43877 however are still parked up in roughly the same position. 32052 has gone.

Near the bus wash are 3 solo's 53118-20 parked up with not for use stickers in the windscreen. Reported on Midlandred.net is that three solo's from the Midlands are due to go to Somerset Buses, so maybe it's these.

DVXXII

Quote from: DVXXII on April 09, 2016, 07:31:21 PM
53059/60 are both back out at Potteries. 41496 & 43877 however are still parked up in roughly the same position. 32052 has gone.

Near the bus wash are 3 solo's 53118-20 parked up with not for use stickers in the windscreen. Reported on Midlandred.net is that three solo's from the Midlands are due to go to Somerset Buses, so maybe it's these.

Reported on another forum is that 53118-20 have now arrived at Taunton depot.

T840MAK

PD0000003/155 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Hanley Bus Station and Biddulph/Kidsgrove given service number 7/27/7A/7B/7C effective from 20-Jun-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0000003/172 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY
Variation Accepted: Operating between HANLEY BUS STATION and AUDLEY/KIDSGROVE given service number 4 effective from 20-Jun-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Cheese

Quote from: DVXXII on April 17, 2016, 09:36:17 AM
Reported on another forum is that 53118-20 have now arrived at Taunton depot.

Noted 53118/20 in service in Taunton on Tuesday, didn't see 53119.

DVXXII

Quote from: DVXXII on April 09, 2016, 07:31:21 PM

43877 has been back out for a couple of weeks however 41496 still remains in the same position with presumably a serious fault given the number of weeks it hasn't moved.

Reports are that 53155 is to re-enter service imminently following over a year off the road. This suffered an engine fire if memory serves. Understood to be in the new pink fronted livery.

Cheese

65035 is now 101 branded. Wouldn't surprise me if others haven't also been, that is the only one I have seen today.

staffsdave

Seen 65034/5/6/7/8 branded.

Adam 404

PD0000003/13 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY

Variation Accepted: Operating between Hanley, Bus Station and Abbey Hulton given service number 5 effective from 30-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0000003/33 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY

Variation Accepted: Operating between Clayton Village and Biddulph Wharf Road given service number 99/97 effective from 30-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0000003/50 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY

Variation Accepted: Operating between Hanley Bus Station and Uttoxeter Bus Station given service number 32/32A/X32 effective from 30-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0000003/109 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY

Variation Accepted: Operating between Hanley bus station and Longton, The Street given service number 1/2/2A effective from 30-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0000003/137 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY

Variation Accepted: Operating between HANLEY BUS STATION and ENDON FOUNTAIN given service number 8/28/8a/98 effective from 30-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0000003/168 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY

Variation Accepted: Operating between KEELE UNIVERSITY and LEIGHTON HOSPITAL CREWE given service number 3 effective from 30-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0000003/172 - FIRST POTTERIES LTD, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY

Variation Accepted: Operating between HANLEY BUS STATION and AUDLEY/KIDSGROVE given service number 4 effective from 30-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

DVXXII

Caetano dart 41500 has been parked up out of use for at least a week now next to 41496. The latter has not seen service for 3 months. Don't know if this one is terminal or the part(s) it needs for repair are hard to come by.

Ashley 60171

Is there a planned due date for the 15 E200MMC's expected here do we know?

staffsdave

Omni city 65039 now repainted and with 101 Branding. Seen in Stafford just after 5pm

Bob

The 101 is one of their main trunk routes yet gets zero investment

Cheese

63099 on the 101, first time I have seen a Streetlite in Stafford on it.

Tony

I have just updated the First Potteries, Leicester & Wyvern fleetlists on the main site to match the latest period 3 group fleetlist, the revised lists will probably show in about an hour, a test to know when they have updated is all the VINs and body numbers will be in the Leicester StreetDecks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk