News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Bus - Potteries

Started by Ashley, March 15, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T840MAK

Quote from: barry619 on October 02, 2015, 05:01:51 PM
If you were told by a garage spanner monkey then any info they give is usually best treated the same as that from drivers. It is often suspect, either because they don't know as much as they think they do, or because they are feeding you BS on purpose for whatever reason.

But you did say that hills 'take their toll' on buses. They do not.

Maybe I misunderstood or have forgotten what was said - it was two years ago now.

Re the hill point, I simply presumed that people understood what I meant -really shouldn't do that tbh.
Although with the state of some of the roads around here then they do take their toll on the buses, what with all the rattling ;)
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

DVXXII

Further to my sighting of 53059 at AG depot earlier this week, saw it heading away from the depot this morning at 7:30 with a uniformed driver, presumably to take up service. This makes 4 ex FMR solos into service in the last week or so.
40173 P126NLW the remaining ex London Marshall Dart has been in the far corner of the depot in the same position for days now, so is likely to have been withdrawn from service. I'm sure I read somewhere that a driver plans to buy this on withdrawal.
Ben

Ashley 60171

Quote from: DVXXII on October 02, 2015, 05:48:24 PM
Further to my sighting of 53059 at AG depot earlier this week, saw it heading away from the depot this morning at 7:30 with a uniformed driver, presumably to take up service. This makes 4 ex FMR solos into service in the last week or so.
40173 P126NLW the remaining ex London Marshall Dart has been in the far corner of the depot in the same position for days now, so is likely to have been withdrawn from service. I'm sure I read somewhere that a driver plans to buy this on withdrawal.
Ben

I heard this too. Personally don't see the appeal myself.

DVXXII

Ex FMR solo 53058 has been reported elsewhere as being observed in service, although not seen by myself.

At AG yesterday noted that withdrawn 40373 has had a couple of windows put through by the local youths. Not in the normal withdrawal part of the depot, but seen in the corner backing onto the Esso garage with stickers in the window presumably stating not for service were 40023/9 and 53207/9. The latter two are a surprise being some of the newest solos in the fleet and one would assume DDA compliant. But of course the stickers may correspond to something different and not mean these 4 are for withdrawal

barry619

Quote from: T840MAK on September 14, 2015, 07:51:01 PM
Solos 40015 40024 40028 50281 have moved to First Lanarkshire's Blantyre depot.
Scanias 60013 60074 60176 60189 are now at Caledonia depot.

These all show either not traced (i.e. consigned for scrap at around the middle of September) or SORN on the vehicle enquiry website, so it would appear that they either didn't go to Scotland for service or there was a change of plan when they got there/were examined.

Only one X-FFA Solo is still taxed.

T840MAK

Quote from: barry619 on October 04, 2015, 10:27:07 AM
These all show either not traced (i.e. consigned for scrap at around the middle of September) or SORN on the vehicle enquiry website, so it would appear that they either didn't go to Scotland for service or there was a change of plan when they got there/were examined.

Only one X-FFA Solo is still taxed.

Interesting - the original plan was for them to see service slightly longer to cover for new deliveries but none have been out yet. Must have been a plan change for them, or they're only being used as and when required as long as they have tax & MOT. I'll keep my eye out for any further news on them.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

Trident 4194

whats the quickest way from wolves/Birmingham to Newcastle?

P419 EJW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 04, 2015, 03:44:43 PM

NXWM 54 from Wolvertrampton to Stafford (1 hour and 5 minutes) and First 10 from Stafford to Hanley (1 hour and 14 minutes), although if you want Newcastle Bus Station then it's an hour.

BN

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 04, 2015, 03:44:43 PM

NX 325

T840MAK

Quote from: BN on October 04, 2015, 07:02:42 PM
NX 325

I think he meant the Staffordshire Newcastle, not the one full of Geordies ;)
Twitter @TomCousins60054

Quote from: T840MAK on October 04, 2015, 09:13:19 PM
I think he meant the Staffordshire Newcastle, not the one full of Geordies ;)
Train to Stoke on Trent then the 3 to Newcastle
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ashley 60171

DVXXII

Noted yesterday at the depot that 40023/9 40173/373 had gone from where they had been parked for a number of days. All but 40173 had withdrawn stickers in the window before they disappeared.

Ashley 60171

First are reported to be opening an outstation in Newcastle. The reason for the U turn is because of negative feedback from passengers on the 22, 72 and 97 which have been subject to regular delays since the closure of Newcastle depot in September. Six buses and 15 drivers will be based as the new outstation.

T840MAK

Only First could make a mess up like that with a single depot city  ::)
Twitter @TomCousins60054

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk