News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses To Find

Started by John, March 07, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2021, 04:40:21 PM
Before anyone starts when I start putting photos from Preston,  Newcastle and Edinburgh on the main site, I never intended to be in any of those places yesterday, but had to get to Dundee. I caught a train at Stafford to Crewe then a Crewe to Glasgow train. Avanti terminated that at Preston leaving me there for a time. I then caught a Transpennine service to Edinburgh which got terminated at Carlisle where we were told to wait for road transport. I asked for my ticket to be valid on the Carlisle to Newcastle train to change onto one to Dundee there, but when I got to Newcastle Cross Country had cancelled the Dundee train, leaving me in Newcastle for a time and then using an LNER one to Edinburgh with a 45 min wait for a Scotrail one to Dundee. Quite an eventful journey!

Eventful is most definitely the word of the day.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Bus Spotter Ben

For someone who does experience mental health issues, I can say that getting out of the house is beneficial for me as it allows my mind to be taken away from online lessons and anything that may be going through my head. Whilst it may seem like spotters are flouting the rules, I have walked to and from my locations. I also try to get a few things whilst I am out, things like medication for my family (my dad is currently shielding and can't get them himself), or things that were missed off the weekly shop. Sometimes I go out just for exercise. I wear my mask and I always cross the road when people are coming the other way. It's just some spotters which I will not name just giving the rest of us a bad image making it look like we're also flouting the rules. I can assure you, we're not. I have to be extremely careful about what I do when I go out as I have people in my household who are at great risk as has, a matter of fact, had COVID and it honestly frightened me. That may seem contradictory but that's my own affairs which I don't intend to share and for anyone wondering, it wasn't because I went out spotting. I really don't understand how it's fair some people are being blamed for other peoples actions and I don't quite understand why people think it's okay to go riding on buses and can't see the repercussions of their actions as it can and possibly has killed people. Those people aren't all bus spotters so can people please stop generalising us. I hope this sheds some light on my side of the story.

WMT3000

Quote from: Bus Spotter Ben on February 08, 2021, 02:22:53 PM
For someone who does experience mental health issues, I can say that getting out of the house is beneficial for me as it allows my mind to be taken away from online lessons and anything that may be going through my head. Whilst it may seem like spotters are flouting the rules, I have walked to and from my locations. I also try to get a few things whilst I am out, things like medication for my family (my dad is currently shielding and can't get them himself), or things that were missed off the weekly shop. Sometimes I go out just for exercise. I wear my mask and I always cross the road when people are coming the other way. It's just some spotters which I will not name just giving the rest of us a bad image making it look like we're also flouting the rules. I can assure you, we're not. I have to be extremely careful about what I do when I go out as I have people in my household who are at great risk as has, a matter of fact, had COVID and it honestly frightened me. That may seem contradictory but that's my own affairs which I don't intend to share and for anyone wondering, it wasn't because I went out spotting. I really don't understand how it's fair some people are being blamed for other peoples actions and I don't quite understand why people think it's okay to go riding on buses and can't see the repercussions of their actions as it can and possibly has killed people. Those people aren't all bus spotters so can people please stop generalising us. I hope this sheds some light on my side of the story.
No problem with any of the above. Sounds as though you think very carefully about what you do from day to day and I genuinely applaud and respect you for that. I can appreciate, with the benefit of hindsight, that I went too far with some of my previous comments regarding others and can only apologise, particularly to @CL. I won't apologise, however, to any of the people who haven't followed any rules at all during what has been a tough time for everyone. As you say Ben, a certain minority of bus spotters, and we ALL know who they are, may very well have spread the horrible Coronavirus all over the West Midlands, causing higher infection rates, illness, death and misery. We will never know for certain the results of their selfish actions.

Westy

Anyone interested,  4601 is on Walsall 7's at the moment!

busboy31

6924, 6925, 6931 haven't been in service since NXWM started tracking on bustimes, Do you know where it is?

Tony

Quote from: busboy31 on March 11, 2021, 03:49:29 PM
6924, 6925, 6931 haven't been in service since NXWM started tracking on bustimes, Do you know where it is?

All you need to know is that they haven't been in service surely

windy miller

can anyone tell me if E021 is actually in service at present or is itcurrently
  off the road for some reason?  thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on April 13, 2021, 02:24:48 AM
can anyone tell me if E021 is actually in service at present or is itcurrently
  off the road for some reason?  thanks

It is out today, you can follow it on here

https://bustimes.org/operators/national-express-coventry/vehicles

mesub

Was 4444 the infamous star wars bus out today? If so, where was it?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Quote from: mesub on May 04, 2021, 08:45:36 PM
Was 4444 the infamous star wars bus out today? If so, where was it?

Why don't you just look for yourself?

mesub

Quote from: Tony on May 04, 2021, 08:50:45 PM
Why don't you just look for yourself?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Cheers.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Solo1

as the tracker is down 755 1832 please thank you

Zander

Solo1