News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses To Find

Started by John, March 07, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

BK63 YWP

Quote from: bbs on January 19, 2021, 10:54:18 PM
I havent seen them 2 for quite some time

But it's a lockdown so spotting is non essential.....
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: bbs on January 19, 2021, 10:54:18 PM
I havent seen them 2 for quite some time
I saw 4651 out in service on the 11A earlier. So just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean anything has happened to it either.

But I would expect 4651 will still be operating on AG Gemini (11, 1/1A, 72) routes post lockdown, should you wish to find it then. So no need to find it at the minute.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 20, 2021, 12:18:22 PM
But it's a lockdown so spotting is non essential.....
whenever I'm shopping for essentials and see em go pass.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

karl724223

Some people on this forum and on other web sites are blatantly breaking lockdown rules by still going out looking for buses putting their life and other in danger from catching covid
The reason I'm writing this is this morning pensnett garage lost its first driver to covid
A old school driver to which I knew from hartshill days of driving over 31 years I've known him he was a true gentleman
Stop and think about what your doing

filbus1

Quote from: karl724223 on January 31, 2021, 10:12:00 PM
Some people on this forum and on other web sites are blatantly breaking lockdown rules by still going out looking for buses putting their life and other in danger from catching covid
The reason I'm writing this is this morning pensnett garage lost its first driver to covid
A old school driver to which I knew from hartshill days of driving over 31 years I've known him he was a true gentleman
Stop and think about what your doing
Well said Karl, yes they know who they are and should be ashamed.

B61 ANDREW

I am with you on this one . With the two conditions mentioned , the vast majority of sufferers will not want to leave their own room , let alone their own house . . . . . .   >:( :(

the trainbasher

Wouldn't it just make sense to lock this thread until such a time as Tier 3 or lower restrictions are back in effect in the region as to reduce temptation by that small majority?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 04, 2021, 10:07:46 AM
Wouldn't it just make sense to lock this thread until such a time as Tier 3 or lower restrictions are back in effect in the region as to reduce temptation by that small majority?

No dig at you but it will take a lot more than that to get those people to listen to the lockdown rules

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on February 04, 2021, 09:59:23 AM
I am with you on this one . With the two conditions mentioned , the vast majority of sufferers will not want to leave their own room , let alone their own house . . . . . .   >:( :(

Agree there. That is exactly how I feel atm. Making us feel ill to the point where I have to force myself to just take the dogs a walk around the block.

But others also need that time out of the house for their own mental health, and if they wish to use their exercise time in their local area taking photos I don't see a problem as long as they stick to the lockdown rules and are not riding the buses or trains. During the first lockdown I was at home for 4 and a half months so I needed to get out sometime just to stop our mental health from suffering, only once talking a camera for a photo. And even that took me nearly 2 months to do at first

I'm not on about the small number of people that are still blatently breaking the rules, some of which are on this forum, these people should be ashamed of themselves and I think will only learn the hard way

Tony

Before anyone starts when I start putting photos from Preston,  Newcastle and Edinburgh on the main site, I never intended to be in any of those places yesterday, but had to get to Dundee. I caught a train at Stafford to Crewe then a Crewe to Glasgow train. Avanti terminated that at Preston leaving me there for a time. I then caught a Transpennine service to Edinburgh which got terminated at Carlisle where we were told to wait for road transport. I asked for my ticket to be valid on the Carlisle to Newcastle train to change onto one to Dundee there, but when I got to Newcastle Cross Country had cancelled the Dundee train, leaving me in Newcastle for a time and then using an LNER one to Edinburgh with a 45 min wait for a Scotrail one to Dundee. Quite an eventful journey!

don

The weather's awful up there with a lot of snow disruption - you may have difficulty coming back, presuming you're collecting one of the vehicles coming back (PS I'm very curious why 2246 is coming back and where its planned to be used (WB?)

With regard to the other posts, whilst the sentiment is understood (especially Karl's post) it's surely not the place of this forum to police the lockdown or anything else and in any case it's a bit presumptuous that people aren't following the lock down - I shall have to make a point of looking the other way when on my exercise walks if a bus goes past, or heaven forbid, when I have to travel on one for a dental appointment next week (perhaps I should put a bad over my head...)

Whilst many of us are angered by people not following the lock down, I suspect the number of transport enthusiasts not doing is minute compared to other things (eg hairdressers letting people in through the back door, people playing non pro football in parks, etc, etc. It's a shame @Tony feels the need to make that post because of people's comments about others - though very interesting to hear about a greatly disrupted journey - glad it wasn't me!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on February 04, 2021, 06:18:16 PM
The weather's awful up there with a lot of snow disruption - you may have difficulty coming back, presuming you're collecting one of the vehicles coming back (PS I'm very curious why 2246 is coming back and where its planned to be used (WB?)

With regard to the other posts, whilst the sentiment is understood (especially Karl's post) it's surely not the place of this forum to police the lockdown or anything else and in any case it's a bit presumptuous that people aren't following the lock down - I shall have to make a point of looking the other way when on my exercise walks of a bus goes past, or heaven forbid, when I have to travel on one for a dental appointment next week.

Whilst many of us are angered by people not following the lock down, I suspect the number of transport enthusiasts not doing is minute compared to other things (eg hairdressers letting people in through the back door, people playing non pro football in parks, etc, etc. It's a shame @Tony feels the need to make that post because of people's comments about others - though very interesting to hear about a greatly disrupted journey - glad it wasn't me!!

Weather was fine up there, got back without any problems with 1782.

Problems with the journey were due to a pendolino burning an axle box out and being stranded at Lockerbie for 12 hours

don

That's good - snow must be a bit further north - amazing one failure can cause so much disruption - are there not loops at Beattock it could have been recessed (or perhaps it failed suddenly) - nevertheless not far away.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on February 04, 2021, 06:22:24 PM
That's good - snow must be a bit further north - amazing one failure can cause so much disruption - are there not loops at Beattock it could have been recessed (or perhaps it failed suddenly) - nevertheless not far away.

It set of a hot box detector the night before, but melted the axle so couldn't be towed until they had fitted a wheel skate. so was still there 10 hours later. The did instigate single line working for a time, and the conductor on the Transpennine 395 I was on announce that there may be a delay due to the single line working, but before we go to Carlisle they closed the line completely to give the engineers room to fit the skate.

Tony

Quote from: don on February 04, 2021, 06:22:24 PM

This was the offending service
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y30520/2021-02-02/detailed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk