News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses To Find

Started by John, March 07, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara4352

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2015, 06:46:43 PM
Not three deckers down, those are AG buses. And AG are not three buses down because they don't release Presidents to reserve until they get the replacements in the garage, the person allocating the buses has a good idea what he is doing!

4534 is also now an AG bus and in paint
That was only on the 29 earlier this week

MW

Now all NX need to do is find a cliff to throw the Presidents down :)

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on October 09, 2015, 08:39:04 PM
Now all NX need to do is find a cliff to throw the Presidents down :)

Are they really that bad?

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 09, 2015, 08:41:48 PM
Are they really that bad?

Some of them lol. They'd be massively improved with a smaller (Gemini steering wheel) and a bigger cab. Doing two trips on the 11 is terrible I find, when driving one of these. Gemini's have more room in the cab, you can stretch your left leg at least lol. Plus they're slow. Plus they're boring, sound like drones. Plus they're limited to 44mph when the Geminis aren't. Not good when NIS back to Garage. I'm kidding :)

Tomf1993

4105 is quite good got quite bit power when i rode it on the 29 the other day, the driver on the 6 today crawled along at 10 mph i said to him whats going on, he said, this is how he drives, and i replied, controllers dont like you as when your late you cant be asked to floor it to make up time.

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 09, 2015, 08:44:48 PM
4105 is quite good got quite bit power when i rode it on the 29 the other day, the driver on the 6 today crawled along at 10 mph i said to him whats going on, he said, this is how he drives, and i replied, controllers dont like you as when your late you cant be asked to floor it to make up time.

He was not driving at 10 mph. Looking at its tracking every driver who had 4105 today achieved 100% within TC rules on most of their trips, so he was driving to match road conditions and schedules which certainly wouldn't be anywhere near 10mph

Tomf1993

He was crawling along mate, i was like what the hell is this. oh yeah that reminds me, what routes do you usually get fast rides here? most drivers are quite slow here even when late, yesterday pm peak traffic was back in walsall down bloxwich road, 29s were late, drivers didnt floor it, they drove it easy.

AV4248

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 09, 2015, 08:58:36 PM
He was crawling along mate, i was like what the hell is this. oh yeah that reminds me, what routes do you usually get fast rides here? most drivers are quite slow here even when late, yesterday pm peak traffic was back in walsall down bloxwich road, 29s were late, drivers didnt floor it, they drove it easy.

Perhaps they don't want to or feel the need to rush behind the wheel and potentially lose their job.

MW

11A between Kings Heath and AG, quite often. As often the driver is coming off at the garage and wants to get there on time.

Tomf1993

I tell you what though, last saturday I went on a spectra for the first time in my life, it was brilliant, the power and everything, those mercs are quite good too, Librator they are just passed it. Geoff Ripley waiting for those Lol  :D

Westy

That anything to do with the North Street closure, as traffic has backed up coming out of Walsall this week between Littleton Street & Wisemore.

Tomf1993

Quote from: MW on October 09, 2015, 09:04:41 PM
11A between Kings Heath and AG, quite often. As often the driver is coming off at the garage and wants to get there on time.

Right 11A Ill remember that one mate

Tomf1993

Quote from: Westy on October 09, 2015, 09:07:18 PM
That anything to do with the North Street closure, as traffic has backed up coming out of Walsall this week between Littleton Street & Wisemore.

Yes traffic was hell yesterday, its all around the Bloxwich road at walsall the round way system, the the tesco roundabout the buses were quing to get around of their, one thing i notice TWM buses dont have enough stand time built in for delays, so once they miss their slot at Walsall Bus stn and they arr and anourther bus is their they have to alight different stop then go around again, what kind of system is that at Walsall bus stn, its like LHR planes missing their timed slot, same with the buses at Walsall, drivers are very aggressive their about their slots if another buses that is on time is on the stand, if they are late that is their problem.

Tomf1993

Is their any Volvos that roar at WA like in London?

Tony

No he was not crawling, he was driving as he has been taught to drive, professionally which despite what you think was nowhere near 10mph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk