News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses To Find

Started by John, March 07, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 25, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
Does anyone know what route 1896 is on today - looking for a ride on it? Timings would be useful please -

Thanks in advance

Liberator9

Thanks Tony - will have to keep an eye open for it when I get to Solihull.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2014, 01:12:26 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on October 25, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
Does anyone know what route 1896 is on today - looking for a ride on it? Timings would be useful please -

Thanks in advance

How do you know so quickly what bus is on what route?

trident4370

Its just gone around to Solihull Station so shouldn't be long now

Liberator9

Thanks Trident4370 - by excellent luck - got off the S2 and 1896 passed by going towards the station. Waited for 1913 and 1918 to pass by at Poplar Road and then 1896 came along. Excellent ride - had the bus to myself all the way from Shirley to Sparkbrook. Really smart bus as well - externally and internally. Saw one of favourite Scanias as well, 1833l on the 8 - I do like how that has the vivid red livery, but retained the silver light surrounds. Must have luck on my side today - just made the S2 with seconds to spare in Solihull!

Were you in Solihull then Trident4370? Must have passed you probably.

trident4370

Sounds like your day haha wish I'd had that yesterday -.- I'm glad you made it anyway. Yeah I was in Solihull I just saw it on the off chance at a quick glance and knew from the paint it was the one you wanted!

Liberator9

;) Can't miss its paintwork - gleaming. The NX livery certainly suits the Scanias - especially the new vivid red.

trident4370

It is very distinctive especially on our side of town. I agree it looks decent,  at the moment at least!

Liberator9

Well it's already lasted a year in the new livery - and still doesn't look any different from when it was refurbed. The paint's smartness has already lasted longer than the earlier, more pinkish red refurbs. 1833, which was done in June 2012, still looks excellent - I think the new paint is certainly of a higher quality standard than the previous set. Hopefully it will remain that way  ;)

trident4370

I definitely agree with that, the paint isnt fading like it used to, 1896 was gleaming earlier just wish Id managed a pic.

B.C Driver

1896 was broken down near Moor St station for a good while yesterday evening around 8pm.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Liberator9

Well there we go - glad it didn't break down earlier! Sounded healthy when I caught it - although I've noticed the WA Scanias seem to vibrate a lot when idle - the AG and YW examples don't - not a clue why the difference.

Thanks Bham Central Driver for posting.

John

Does anyone know the whereabouts of 4229 today?

Tony

Quote from: John on December 03, 2014, 08:57:28 AM
Does anyone know the whereabouts of 4229 today?

Hiding inside West Bromwich garage I'm afraid!

Tara4352

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk