News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Stafford Services

Started by C K / S I, February 17, 2014, 04:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

And also towns like Cannock are an absolute dump with no decent shops you have to go to better towns like wolves or Stafford or mainly brum ( but the train has assumed that role) for a day out shopping. Used to be that Walsall was a big destination when it had the big market etc but that has declined too

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 31, 2016, 09:34:50 AM
I see what you mean but if it's the case that people aren't going into towns why are nx not cutting services left right and centre?

If you look at the last statements made to the stock exchange by the big groups, they all are losing passengers at the moment, it is just NX are managing the loss best. NX's mid year statement this week is saying that financially they are about level with last year whereas Arriva, First and Stagecoach are all down.

Bob

I can't help thinking that once Stafford and Wednesfield have gone and it's just Cannock it won't bode very well. Lack of investment anyway, followed by the piecemeal investment being taken away to other garages followed by a fleet of old shit poorly maintained buses followed by unreliability followed by service cuts etc....It just looks like all they'll do is managing the decline. Passengers will probably be put off by the reductions in services etc. It's funny how these things can become self fulfilling prophecies

Bob

Arriva are also poor at making timetables available such as the complete lack of 1 & 2 in walsall bus station and at bus stops for example the one at Landywood which could be classed as a bus /train interchange which still shows the 68 which hasn't existed since last year and a completely incorrect one for the 2 and the 2A ( also no longer exists ). The route list at Cannock bus station was still showing the X31 over a year plus after it was axed...

Westy

Didn't Arriva sign an agreement with NWM, to make their versions of their leaflets available in Travelshops?

Hope NWM sue them for breaking the agreement.

Grinder

It appears to me that DB bought Arriva for the rail franchises and that the bus businesses are being pruned back to achieve the profit level demanded by the German parent company.  So far the old Arriva Midlands North area has lost Wardles, Burton and Stafford, wonder who is next, Wednesfield or Oswestry perhaps.  Thought something was afoot when all the decent buses were moved out of Stafford to be replaced by old 02 and 52 plated Darts.

Bob

Wasn't that to do with them losing all the decent routes for them to go on?

Grinder

Just read the press release from Arriva about how the closure of Stafford will result in 'those areas which rely most heavily will be able to have access to more efficient and reliable services that will better suit their needs'.  So close a garage reduce the number of services and add 24 dead positioning miles per vehicle per day and you have a more efficient service, we wait with baited breath. So goodbye SD and thanks for the near 100 year service you and the staff working there gave the town.

Tony

Quote from: A R R I V A : S I on August 05, 2016, 09:15:21 AM
Tony / Winston ( just a small thought ) be better to merge Stafford garage topic into Cannock garage topic now fleets Cannocks

No, because that would merge all old posting in both threads in date order, so they would be jumbled up out of sequence

Bob

Bob

Bringing them to the level of travel express and let's go lol

Bob

Maybe it was for mechanical reasons

Bob

None. I wouldn't have thought the were any.

Bob

Stafford always used to be an important garage with decent services.  How things decline....

Bob

Well they they're obviously doing well look at the stock lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk