News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Hinckley

Started by leepenfold30, November 20, 2019, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leepenfold30

2 Sprinters are back at Hinckley 1005 1006 both on Hinckley Local routes 1/2/3

LazyGuy222

Hinckley is technically part of the Leicestershire Operations, considering Barwell is an outstation for Wigston.

IMarkeh

I had a journey today on the 16:35 X6 and it was a bit of an eyeopener. The bus was full by Ansty Road so the bus didn't go into the hospital. Speaking to the driver, they said that the £2 fare had increased passenger numbers on the route by quite a bit and was grateful for not serving the hospital because of the huge delay. Of course not great for anyone waiting at the hospital seeing as their next bus to Leicester was 1h40min away and their next bus to Hinkley was 3h20min away.

Just incase anyone from Arriva is on the forum, specifically from Arriva Hinkley), I have to say, the first driver that I had until Hinkley was very nice and friendly. The second driver from Hinkley to Leicester was similarly very helpful with passengers. The pair of them drove the coach as if it was National Express. I never expected the coaches to be driven in that way (given Arriva Hinkley is primarily service buses and driver service buses tends to be different to driving coaches). Very professional. The second driver was almost more like a tour coach driver with how they were so relaxed and helpful but then had the service bus driving style (changing lanes a lot more to avoid traffic).

Only down sides of both drivers are that they didn't really use the alighting feature on the ticket machine and so Arriva won't be getting a very accurate log of all the passenger alighting so can't plan the service better for the future.

In terms of the vehicle, I have to say though, the Temsas don't seem the best. I'd certainly rather a Plaxton or Volvo style coach rather than Temsa. There seems to be much nicer buses out there and certainly needs something with stop buttons in the overhead (like many normal coaches have). Lack of rear view mirror didn't seem to be good either on the Temsas, drivers having to completely turn to check people are sitting down when any other time, a simple check of the mirror or camera would suffice. The tv screen as well could have much more use as some kind of 'next stop' display rather than it being folded up and doing nothing.

So, news from next month is the X6 will increase to hourly using 3 buses. Every other bus will run fast, the other will run via Hinkley as current. Limited stop being introduced in Coventry and not serving the Hospital except a few peak trips. Hopefully it remains popular and hopefully it doesn't mean too many service buses stray over onto the route. 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: IMarkeh on March 17, 2023, 11:58:02 PMI had a journey today on the 16:35 X6 and it was a bit of an eyeopener. The bus was full by Ansty Road so the bus didn't go into the hospital. Speaking to the driver, they said that the £2 fare had increased passenger numbers on the route by quite a bit and was grateful for not serving the hospital because of the huge delay. Of course not great for anyone waiting at the hospital seeing as their next bus to Leicester was 1h40min away and their next bus to Hinkley was 3h20min away.

Just incase anyone from Arriva is on the forum, specifically from Arriva Hinkley), I have to say, the first driver that I had until Hinkley was very nice and friendly. The second driver from Hinkley to Leicester was similarly very helpful with passengers. The pair of them drove the coach as if it was National Express. I never expected the coaches to be driven in that way (given Arriva Hinkley is primarily service buses and driver service buses tends to be different to driving coaches). Very professional. The second driver was almost more like a tour coach driver with how they were so relaxed and helpful but then had the service bus driving style (changing lanes a lot more to avoid traffic).

Only down sides of both drivers are that they didn't really use the alighting feature on the ticket machine and so Arriva won't be getting a very accurate log of all the passenger alighting so can't plan the service better for the future.

In terms of the vehicle, I have to say though, the Temsas don't seem the best. I'd certainly rather a Plaxton or Volvo style coach rather than Temsa. There seems to be much nicer buses out there and certainly needs something with stop buttons in the overhead (like many normal coaches have). Lack of rear view mirror didn't seem to be good either on the Temsas, drivers having to completely turn to check people are sitting down when any other time, a simple check of the mirror or camera would suffice. The tv screen as well could have much more use as some kind of 'next stop' display rather than it being folded up and doing nothing.

So, news from next month is the X6 will increase to hourly using 3 buses. Every other bus will run fast, the other will run via Hinkley as current. Limited stop being introduced in Coventry and not serving the Hospital except a few peak trips. Hopefully it remains popular and hopefully it doesn't mean too many service buses stray over onto the route.

Its just 2 buses from coventry that goes to uhcw at 16.52 then 20.30 but none for the morning shifts
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

IMarkeh

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 18, 2023, 04:29:38 PMIts just 2 buses from coventry that goes to uhcw at 16.52 then 20.30 but none for the morning shifts
06:40 from Leicester calls at the hospital. 

D10

Service X6 won't be stopping in the Hospital grounds according to the Hinckley service changes page.

I would like to confirm this by looking at the new timetable, but it expects me to create an account with Arriva just to view this when I click on the link!

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-your-bus-services-in-hinckley-jan-24

JPC

Quote from: D10 on December 16, 2023, 01:40:08 PMService X6 won't be stopping in the Hospital grounds according to the Hinckley service changes page.

I would like to confirm this by looking at the new timetable, but it expects me to create an account with Arriva just to view this when I click on the link!

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-your-bus-services-in-hinckley-jan-24

Correct, will no longer call to University Hospital (Coventry) with a proclaim Walsgrave Church is just a short walk away.
There's also an new earlier MF journey 0630am from Coventry to Leicester which I suppose has been missing since DeCourcey folded.

Stu

Quote from: D10 on December 16, 2023, 01:40:08 PMService X6 won't be stopping in the Hospital grounds according to the Hinckley service changes page.

The login screen presented is for some kind of 'internal' digital asset management (DAM) system utilised by Arriva, so it is my belief that someone has not made this particular 'digital asset' publicly accessible.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

You can download the new X6 timetable by searching for the timetable on the Arriva website. It gives you four choices including the one starting in January 2024.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk