News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

X routes

Started by Christopher, February 05, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 06, 2014, 10:15:59 PM
ok i can see why the X96 should be renumbered, Centro should get Hanson to give up their one journey a day on the 296, so the X96 could be renumbered 296. And why Hansons have to call there service between Merry Hill & Dudley X26 and not X96E is beyond me?

However i have travelled the X51 and that is a really busy route and it complements the 51 nicely.

I think where it becomes slightly silly is, what is the difference between an X route or a 900s route? Surely they should use either X or 9xx, not both?

X routes should be as per the X51, properly express along the whole route, whereas the 9xx buses are fast for a short section (ie, Aston Expressway, A34 flyovers, Small Heath Bypass) but then later are just normal services stopping everywhere. No idea why they've numbered the X64 as such, and hell the X96 isn't in any way limited stop so logic is out the window there.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

I'm not even going to divulge into the topic of withdrawing the X prefix. However, there is scope for other eXpress services to be introduced that have been discussed in other threads, I share the opinion that the X96 should be renumbered, although it would seem pointless doing it now when it's just been rebranded
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 06, 2014, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 06, 2014, 10:14:13 AM
Quote from: danny on February 06, 2014, 12:04:23 AM
I should like to hear LS and his spin on the topic :) but I struggle to understand the logic. Behind the topic that is. And why are    they you need to back your.point up dude...

Well, this Chris guy is talking out his arse as usual.

The 'eXpress' section of the X64 works well, not so much on the X62 but hence why it went.

X51 works well.

Besides, I think he's just trying to post count boost again, forgetting the fact that post count doesn't exist anymore.

What a pleasure to ban this clot once more.

Was there any need to ban him LS and call him a clot?

Are we not supposed to be tollerant of everyone.

Ban him yes, read the rules Stu. Clot was a friendly way of describing his tomfoolery. I didn't think offence was taken? Sorry if anyone was..

Also, copying an Administrators/Staff avatars is a no-no.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

I can't see the rules saying anything about copying an Administrator/Staff avatar picture.

winston

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 07, 2014, 04:46:57 PM
I can't see the rules saying anything about copying an Administrator/Staff avatar picture.

That kind of rule doesn't need to be in writing, it's a capital offense.....

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on February 07, 2014, 04:56:18 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on February 07, 2014, 04:46:57 PM

That kind of rule doesn't need to be in writing, it's a capital offense.....

Punishable by death permanent ban, I hope...

I think we'll leave that one there me thinks..... back to XXX routes X routes ;)

If we must!  An excellent idea. ;)

monkeyjoe

Do i think someone might be looking for attention and getting it.  ::)

Trident 4609

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 07, 2014, 08:51:45 PM
Do i think someone might be looking for attention and getting it.  ::)

Who?

Dylan4579

And he copied my signature as well  >:( >:( >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk