News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X routes

Started by Christopher, February 05, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Scrap the x routes here not needed if there is. Any type is suggestion you want ask me about post in this topic
long live x96 branding

trident4370

Are you serious with "Scrap the X routes"? The X51 is highly successful and very much needed...

danny

Ok. Christopher where is your justification for scrapping x routes. Where's your research to say they are "not needed" think you need to back it up. Personally I think you are talking out your arris. Do you even live along say an express service or use one regularly??
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

trident4370

Quote from: danny on February 05, 2014, 11:55:32 PM
Ok. Christopher where is your justification for scrapping x routes. Where's your research to say they are "not needed" think you need to back it up. Personally I think you are talking out your arris. Do you even live along say an express service or use one regularly??

Judging by some of the junk that's been posted both today and before the first ban, I am struggling to believe he's ever even been on a bus full stop.

Just to clarify I wasn't being intentionally malicious, just a joke.

andrew1991

He lives along the 222 route according to a post before he got blocked, the only 'X' route i'd possibly say change is the X96, mainly because it's no longer an express route. can't give an opinion on other x routes though as i've never used them.

danny

I should like to hear LS and his spin on the topic :) but I struggle to understand the logic. Behind the topic that is. And why are    they you need to back your.point up dude...

Westy

How come there were never X routes by the PTE before deregulation,  only Midland Red?(Only 9xx routes)

The first Wmt one would have been the Sunday X92 surely?

danny

Birmingham corporation had expresses they used Ford's I think Wes. Can't speak for wmpte as I only no they had timesavers in 80/90s.

the trainbasher

I think the X26/X96 could be worth renumbering as follows

x96 - 293?
X26 - 264/265 possibly (and merge it into the 226?)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Christopher

I actually mean things like 126 x96 and x26 are just a bit low dead mileage and the x96 can get busy at peak times
long live x96 branding

Liverpool Street

Quote from: danny on February 06, 2014, 12:04:23 AM
I should like to hear LS and his spin on the topic :) but I struggle to understand the logic. Behind the topic that is. And why are    they you need to back your.point up dude...

Well, this Chris guy is talking out his arse as usual.

The 'eXpress' section of the X64 works well, not so much on the X62 but hence why it went.

X51 works well.

Besides, I think he's just trying to post count boost again, forgetting the fact that post count doesn't exist anymore.

What a pleasure to ban this clot once more.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: Christopher on February 06, 2014, 07:45:36 AM
I actually mean things like 126 x96 and x26 are just a bit low dead mileage and the x96 can get busy at peak times

The 126 isn't an express route! ::).

vinh1000

Ah I love using the X51
Busy all the time to keep it a X route
:)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stuharris 6360

ok i can see why the X96 should be renumbered, Centro should get Hanson to give up their one journey a day on the 296, so the X96 could be renumbered 296. And why Hansons have to call there service between Merry Hill & Dudley X26 and not X96E is beyond me?

However i have travelled the X51 and that is a really busy route and it complements the 51 nicely.

I think where it becomes slightly silly is, what is the difference between an X route or a 900s route? Surely they should use either X or 9xx, not both?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 06, 2014, 10:14:13 AM
Quote from: danny on February 06, 2014, 12:04:23 AM

Well, this Chris guy is talking out his arse as usual.

The 'eXpress' section of the X64 works well, not so much on the X62 but hence why it went.

X51 works well.

Besides, I think he's just trying to post count boost again, forgetting the fact that post count doesn't exist anymore.

What a pleasure to ban this clot once more.

Was there any need to ban him LS and call him a clot?

Are we not supposed to be tollerant of everyone.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk