News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva 3705/3706/3707 SB200s

Started by leepenfold30, December 05, 2013, 05:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leepenfold30

3705 3706 3707 they due to leave Thurmaston with new arrivals of Wright Pulsars 3776 3777 3778 I wonder which depot will get the Old SB200s

arrivaaston

Maybe Burton with the rest of the batch? Other possibilites are cannock, stafford Telford or even Wardle

Bob

Doubt stafford. Poss cannock or prob burton

tphi12000

Possibly Hinckley to release Scania's to Derby and withdraw an excel....
Tony

leepenfold30

I like to see Hinckley go for these SB200s

andyallen4014

They are due for Cannock although 3705 and 3706 are still at Thurmaston. Has 3707 arrived at Cannock yet?

covlad27

All 3 are allocated to cannock 3705 is already here and was already out in service xmas eve on service 1

Bob

Ive heard the w-ewu aint staying at cannock now and are being moved on. Considering only one has ever been in use here it sounds like its true. Maybe these old dafs are the replacement 3 for the volvos?

andyallen4014

Quote from: busman99 on December 25, 2013, 10:36:00 AM
All 3 are allocated to cannock 3705 is already here and was already out in service xmas eve on service 1

Thanks for the clarification there. 3705 had soldiered on at Thurmaston for a couple of weeks after the arrival of the new vehicles. 3706 had been off the road for some time and was still dumped in the corner of the depot yard on Friday morning so presumably has been driven (or recovered) to Cannock as you say they are all allocated there. 3707 left almost immediately the new buses went into service so I was expecting that one to have been in use at Cannock already for a short while.
These 3 buses and the new Pulsars for the 25/26 services should be replacing the remaining V-DBC vehicles to be moved to the training fleet.

Bob

I thought only three of the DBC Volvo's were destined for the training fleet?  At least four jave been refurbished.  Considering theyve got darts that are breaking down a lot in service that are also falling to pieces inside surely theyd be more sensible to get rid first?

andyallen4014

A recent bus moves document showed all the B10BLEs coming out of Cannock, but of course it is possible that the plans have changed.

Bob

Why have a document listing that and then allocate three more?

Bob

Personally my take on it is that its to reduce costs, driver told me before that the volvos are good buses but use a lot of diesel. Cannock, imho, doesnt make much money,  if the fleet compared to say tamworth telford derby is anything to go by, so id imagine theyre bringing in cheaper to run vehicle's.  The unfortunate thing is cannock will lose all half decent heavyweights and end up a fleet of lightweight rubbish,  with buses designed for local routes stuck on interurban ones as is happening now...

andyallen4014

Quote from: bob on December 27, 2013, 10:14:42 AM
Why have a document listing that and then allocate three more?

Which 3 have been allocated? I must have missed this!

Bob

W107/108/109 EWU....but only W109 has been in service as yet. Were there any other vehicle movements to and from listed on this document?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk